Floyd Mayweather Day 1

"And why is this? I would rather have PBF's boxing talent than RJJ's."

Fair point. RJJ relied on his extrodinary physical skills to make his style work. He was extremely gifted in that way.

And that's why, once his physical gifts started to diminish, his style didn't work.

But if I had to have any single boxer's total attibutes, it would be RJJ. The guy was not human at his peak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt-e7_yxQpg

no one did it better, and he'd whoop Sherks boring ass in mma to.

Please explain to me exactly what strategy Mayweather would employ to beat Sherk in mma, WC17.

RJJ was a GOD back then.

Floyd's career isn't over yet.

"Please explain to me exactly what strategy Mayweather would employ to beat Sherk in mma, WC17. "

Dance circles around him and knock his ass out. Sherk has never seen anyone as elusive with those type of reflexes.

"Dance circles around him and knock his ass out. Sherk has never seen anyone as elusive with those type of reflexes."

Mayweather gets clinched and held repeatedly in his fights. If he can't keep boxers off him, how's gonna keep Sherk off?

RJJ is ridiculous.

RJJ would blow Sherk out also. Sherk wouldn't have a hope in hell in lining a prime RJJ up with a shot. RJJ could throw at such unexpected angles that Sherk would have no chance in surviving a very early KO.

Roy Jones had a streak of like 8 fights where he never lost a round on the judges cards.

I wonder if people on here would cry that RJJ should be deducted a point, if RJJ did his little pretend to run away move and then quickly dart back with a right hand that would take Sherks head off and have him KOed. I could see RJJ taking anyone in MMA out with that one, including Fedor.

lol

WC17 -

So Sherk beat up your boyfriend. Get over it. I'm sure it wasn't personal, it's his job. You being mad at Sherk doesn't diminish his skills.

Does the 17 in your screen name represent your age? I'm starting to think younger.

Everybody has fighters that are not their favorites. Once you get past the Junior High mentality in life... You will see no value in what you are doing.

WC17 stands for a far greater warrior and sports icon than Sherk could ever dream to be.

I think Floyd & RJJ are on diffent level athleticly then sherk...sherk could trained his whole life and not be half 1/10 the boxer of those guys but i am confident that Floyd or RJJ could have acomplished as much or more then sherk in the sport of wrestling if they applied themselves as youths in that sport.

RJJ...he could have been great at any sport...he chose boxing...hell he could have been a great b ball player etc...gifted genetics...it sucked seeing him lose...he never adjusted his game to match up with his diminishing genetics...I wish he went the Barrera route.

I got 20 bucks on De La Hoya if anybody wants some action.

Sherk actually is a world class athlete...he has the 155 lb title in the UFC...

RJJ and Mayweather are two of my favorite boxers to ever fight but you guys are quite delusional to think they could do much in MMA with no mma training.

Sherk could GnP either of them to death.

It doesn't really matter who would win in what. I thought we got past this in UFC...oh I don't know UFC #1 maybe??? Either way, this thread is about the upcoming fight.

It's hard to call the fight either way for me. Mayweather has exhibited some really defining qualities of a champion(aside from his overactive jaw), but I don't think he has faced anyone with the ring savvy of De La Hoya. I'll pay and enjoy.

if rjj wrestled as long as sherk and train for mma he be the one gound and poundidng sherk