Floyd says it's time to buy NBA team

UFC got Floyd out here spendin the money for a boxing bout with Conor McGregor that ain't even gonna happen.
God damn. 
Then Floyd will have to fight Conor in the UFC to pay the creditors.
Brilliant.

do it, Floyd. Great idea

Is his entire net worth enough for a controlling share?

ShanTheMan - Is his entire net worth enough for a controlling share?
I didn't think it would cover that. He'd go broke owning them, no?

Please let this happen 

clippers are for sale, $99.99

Probably like Jay-Z who had bought a 1% stake and called himself an owner.

Average NBA team is $370million according to the Google search I just did.

He could probably buy a sizable percentage of a team, I'd guess.

Chadderz - 
ShanTheMan - Is his entire net worth enough for a controlling share?
I didn't think it would cover that. He'd go broke owning them, no?

I'm guessing he's somewhat close to 51% of the lower tier teams, but not yet...maybe after Conor if it happens - Floyd's net worth is 340 million as of Jan 2017 according to Forbes and here are the values of the top 10 NBA teams (#s are in billions). The average NBA team is worth 1.36 billion according to Forbes this year:

1 New York Knicks Madison Square Garden Company $3.3
2 Los Angeles Lakers Jerry Buss Family Trusts, Philip Anschutz 3.0
3 Golden State Warriors Joe Lacob, Peter Guber 2.6
4 Chicago Bulls Jerry Reinsdorf 2.5
5 Boston Celtics Wycliffe & Irving Grousbeck, Robert Epstein, Stephen Pagliuca 2.2
6 Los Angeles Clippers Steve Ballmer 2.0
7 Brooklyn Nets Mikhail Prokhorov 1.8
8 Houston Rockets Leslie Alexander 1.65
9 Dallas Mavericks Mark Cuban 1.45
10 Miami Heat Micky Arison 1.35
League Average: $1.36 8%

I wonder if the owners of the UFC wish they had bought controlling shares of about 6 NBA teams instead?

Bill Simmons on his podcast said that the NBA is hard to buy into now, but said the 3 most likely teams to be sold are Indiana, New Orleans and the T-Wolves.

The last team to be sold was the Clippers to Steve Balmer, who is worth like 20 billion. While the team doesn't have a storied history, it is located in LA. It didn't seem as if Balmer wanted to chance losing the team and put in a bid that just crushed everyone else. That has artificial inflated the sales price of NBA teams.

The team that was sold before the Clippers was the Kings, which sold for around 500 million.

One could speculate that the likely teams that would be for sale would be equal or close to the Sacramento Kings.

If you that into account and the post-Balmer economics, those teams next to sell may be in the 750-800 million range.

It would be hard to imagine Indiana or Minnesota selling for a billion dollars.

If we all chip in, I don't see why the UG/OG can't afford an NBA team. All Tranny cheerleader squad, Team Fat Kid concession stand and all we need is a team name.

NBA is over priced now. I remember therecwere teams losing money not that long ago. Also salaries are hitting the stratosphere ever since Connley signed that retarded 150 mil contract.