Fly this to Work?

2 Likes

$92,000 electric quadcopter commuter/land-speeder thing.

weight
86KG / 190LBS
maximum pilot weight
95KG / 210LBS
Dimensions
2480mm / 1500mm / 1030mm
Width when folded
900mm
Flight time
20 minutes
Top level flight speed
software limited to 102km/h (63mph)
Service Ceiling
above 1500 feet AGL
Flight controls
3 axis joystick, throttle lever
Battery type
high discharge Lithium-Ion
Charging Time
1h on 220V, 2h on 110V
Max total power output
88KW
Chassis type
all-aluminium space airframe
Motor type
high power output electric brushless outrunner

20 min flight time makes it rough to take serious

2 Likes

Maybe someone will come up with a mid air recharging station.

1 Like

The recharge takes an hour at 220v, that would be really hard to make feasible with only 20 mins flight time put the gate.

1 Like

it’s no jet pack but it’ll do. i want to fly a personal aircraft so damn bad.

1 Like

Cool concept but as mentioned above the 20 minute flight time is extremely prohibitive.

Personally I don’t think flying cars are a good idea unless they are completely autonomous as in plug in destination and it takes you there, any type of manual controls is a terrible idea. Most fuckheads can’t even drive a car let alone pilot an aircraft.

Also, with the amount of drunk driving accidents it’s only a matter of time till someone gets blitzed and flies into a high rise.

2 Likes

P.s.

1 Like

I’d give it a shot.

20 minutes at 60mph can take you pretty far. If you were going to work, you could charge it. If you were going on a social visit, you could charge while you visit for an hour. The problem is that you would need a place to land so proper flight planning would be necessary. Does it fold up to fit in a standard parking place?

1 Like

The cool thing is that a max weight is only 400lbs so if it glides down onto someones roof it shouldn’t go through.

That thing isn’t gliding anywhere

My drive time is 50 min. 55 miles

Through 20-30 me winds on a good day.

No thank you