Flyweight and Heavyweight have fake champions

Jon Jones wouldn’t be a top 5 LHW. He ran from the division after he was easily defeated by Dominick Reyes who is on the verge of being cut. I think it’s safe to say Jon Jones is the least skilled heavyweight champion in history, and now they want to parade geriatric full-time fire-fighter Stipe around to make Jon look good. Once he tastes real heavyweight power he’s fucked.

Unfortunately Jones waited until the HW division was at the weakest it’s been in a couple decades.

It was his plan all along.

We may never see him tested against one of the true HW greats.

3 Likes

Heavyweight has sucked since Stipe won in my opinion

Honestly I wondered how Jon would fare after Gus and OSP went up and got big brothered by real heavyweights

He looked good.

4 Likes

Why flyweight??

Mixed Martial Arts Sport GIF by UFC

4 Likes

I guess because DJ left? That can’t be helped though, Moreno is a legitimate champion. Avenging the Pantoja loss would further that.

1 Like

Op with more

Next Level Gay GIF

4 Likes

You still here OP?

1 Like

Op’s a wanker

4 Likes

Trolly poley.

1 Like

Lol nice try OP

1 Like

Didn’t OP promise to never post again if Gane lost and here he is shitty new thread and all

3 Likes

If he quit he’d just make another screen name anyways. Mods need to get off their ass and start tagging some of the more obvious ones (which I don’t believe is WMMA but… she’s pretty close).

4 Likes

Heavyweight has always been the weakest division in MMA. The percentage of men who grow to 6’3 or 6’4" and weigh over 240lbs is less than 5% of the population. The percentage of them who go onto become professional athletes is probably 1% of that. It’s a small pool of talent. That’s why a 43 year old Randy Couture was able to win the heavyweight title despite being 2-3 in his previous 5 fights, and why a 2-1 Brock Lesnar was able to win the title in his fourth fight.

Light Heavyweight is in a weird place since Jones left it. We’ve had 4 champions in 2 and a half years. One of them being a 43 year old at the tail end of his career and the current champ got smashed by a guy who is 16-6 less than two years ago.

2 Likes

In hindsight I put that on the same level as Pena beating Nunes and Serra beating GSP. Paul got away with one, it was badass though.

Jamahal vs Glover wasn’t a real title fight. It was just Dana being a petty child. An insult to the other fighters and the fans that that fight was made.

1 Like

With the best fighters.

Funny how that works.

1 Like

You think Coleman, Smith, and Sylvia would all beat him?

Sylvia would be interesting.
Yes Couture dropped and beat him soundly.
But I don’t see Jones dropping him like that.
It would look different.
Sylvia had serious KO power.

Coleman would be interesting too.
Like Pride GP era Coleman.
Might see Jones working off his back.
I also think Coleman could beat a bunch of Jones’opponents.

You talking Mo Smith?
He was very skilled!
But while he could beat Jones in. Kickboxing match, I don’t see him being able to keep it standing long enough.

It really has Stipes biggest wins are against HWs past there prime

2 Likes

I was listening to Anthony Smith on Helwani and he said Stipe is back to about 253 lbs. Hopefully he ditched his vegan diet.

1 Like