Foamy urine!

What's up with foamy urine. Everything else is fine. Colour is good. No urgency to go, just foamy when I go. Does anyone else have this? It seems like I've always had foamy urine to some extent, however I read that this is not healthy and could be a sign of a Kidney problem. How much foam is acceptable in urine? Anyone know?

rvboy

ttt for foamy pee... still

Proteinuria, see MD

Time to see your doctor, could mean lots of things. Dont waste time in ER, they cant help you.

how's your salt intake?

I don't eat much salt at all, however I do sweat a lot and don't really make much of a conscious effort to drink enough water. I was also concerned with my long term protein intake.

I was at a grappling tournament in Seattle this weekend. I am ashamed to admit this, but I was watching the urine of others beside me in the urinals and a lot of guys have foamy urine too. I am thinking that maybe this is sort of normal. I am still having myself tested on Tuesday regardless though.

Just an update on my foamy urine issue. Had my urine tested for protein and blood tested for Creatinine and Bun levels. All normal. So the foamy urine is in fact because of a high protein diet but so far it hasn't done any harm to my kidneys. I have decided however to cycle proteins rather than high levels all the time.

as long as you drink alot of water you kidneys will be fine...high protien, creatine or whatever. its when people take those things and are dehydrated that they have problems

Photogenesis IMO.

Depends on how foamy.  I have protienurea and I have seen 2 nephrologists for it.  They said it isn't high enough  to warrant a kidney biopsy yet.  Hopefully I'll never need one.

By foamy, I mean in the morning it looks like a bubble bath when I piss.  Literally like someone put soap in the toilet.  It fluctuates thorughout the day, though.

It has me quite depressed, actually.

"as long as you drink alot of water you kidneys will be fine..."

Wrong, i'm a nephrologist and guarantee that if you have proteinuria, something is wrong in your kidneys. And if you do have proteinuria, you should limit protein intake to about 1g/kg of body weight daily.

Prostate or "squeeze technique" during orgasm can also put semen in the urine.

"Wrong, i'm a nephrologist and guarantee that if you have proteinuria, something is wrong in your kidneys. And if you do have proteinuria, you should limit protein intake to about 1g/kg of body weight daily."

Correct. You should really get a complete work up from a good nephrologist. My wife has been fighting kidney disease for 2 years now and it's no joke. If your kidney is not functioning properly resulting in proteinuria it can lead to a whole host of other issues. Often times cholesteral and blood pressure goes way up as a reaction to the kidney issues and medication is required to deal with that as well as the kidney condition. Get yourself checked out.

Masturbating with shampoo? And what's the whole "watching other guys" urinate thing. I'm thinking deeper issues then foamy urine. G'luck to ya tho, keep us up to date. L8R....