Foki fighting on Pride Bushido 5

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the support. According to Pride, Miller is weighing in at 141kgs, 5'10.

They gave me a tape with the Silva fight, his last 2 Sumo fights and a recent smaller mma comp fight, which he won by G'n'P.

Mal was training hard, but has buggered his finger, so has had this week off with just cardio.

We know it is going to be hard to keep it standing, but it looks like he rushes in for the old sumo push, so could be an opening to get a few straight shots in.

Plenty of work with heavy guys (im a slim 131kgs) with the mount, and Mal trying hard to get out. As we all know, Mals 2 loses have been from the mount and G'n'P.

Pride is now on Thurs 14th October which we thought was pretty weird. As before, we will be arriving 3 days before, light training with Yoshida and Takada, fight night, then back home on Friday.

Anyway, see you all at Spartan.

-Team Tiger Twins

Miller's currently 300lb (136kg). Only little, really. He's down maybe 10-15kg since the GP

Good luck, Kick ass.

Elvis

Question for the forum... is Mal making australian history as the first australian fighter to fight a sumo in mma?

cool so 15-20 kg heavier thats what I woulda thought.

Justin

Even though it's considered a work, Nathan Jones fought a Sumo in his Pride Appearance if I remember correctly.

Elvis

He fought Koji KITAO and there was speculation as to the legitimacy of the fight. KITAO was a former SUMO (yokozuna) than pro-wrestler then he fought MMA.

Cant remember whether Pride was before or after he fought Don FRYE - That was definately no work :)

Justin

"cool so 15-20 kg heavier thats what I woulda thought."

Hes continuing to lose the "fat", so maybe he will be even lighter by fight time.

Why Pride gives this guy to Mel, I seriously don't know, so many better options in my opinion.

Pride matchmaking seems baffling at the best of times?

Regardless, this is a big opportunity for Mal and I'm glad he's getting a shot o/s. The Foki boys are genuine talents and obviously very hard trainer's, well deserved match for Mal.

Good luck mate.

Gerald.

Better for Mal or better for him? I really think that the match is one we should be delighted in seeing Mal have. Although their is a weight difference I guess it's one of the joys of being a HW :)

Hopefully Mal will light him up standing. Will be strange seeing a FOKI V a shorter heavier fighter!

Justin

Best of luck Mal, the more Aussie's flying the flag overseas the better.

All the best Mal from Integrated Martial Arts

Sprawl n Brawl Baby! Bring it home!

The FOKI'S are the Russel CROWE'S of MMA. AUSSIE, AUSSIE, AUSSIE........... :)

Justin

"The FOKI'S are the Russel CROWE'S of MMA"

They're sleeping with Jodie Foster and Meg Ryan ?

Tank

LOL

Meant more that they are kiwi's we are proud to call Aussies :)

Justin

We are under no illusions as to where the experience and opportunities have come from guys.

The boys are very proud Kiwi's, but are honoured to fly the Australian banner.

Besides, someones got to raise the average IQ in Aussie MMA !!!! lol............

Thanks for all the support and positive comments.

-Team Tiger Twins

What's an IQ? ;)

Being torn between to nationalities must ber a dilema. Last time we saw paper rocks scissors for which twin fought, maybee this time toss a coin.

Heads we do the Haka in honour of our Maori ancestory.

Tails we go with the good old Aussie brown eye!

Best of luck, althought the guy is big I really wouldn't bet against Mal on this fight. Hope the hand is holding up well.

Drop me an email Dave.

Justin