foods high in protein

I was being a smart ass. I guess it was a bad joke. I would NEVER give that crap to my kids. When my kids eat peanut butter, they eat the natural stuff--just peanuts and salt. Thanks, MTerada, for a sincere answer.

Caleb,

If the vitamins already in your body bind to the synthetic fat, what makes you think your body will absorb the extra vitamins they add?

I tried to find adek vitamins @ Vitamin World, but could not find them together. Know of anywhere I can get them all in one vitamin besides a multivitamin?

XJD, good point, but a technical correction here. The vitamins don't "bind" to the synthetic fat. They are leeched out of the bloodstream secondary to an osmotic pressure variance created by the synthetic fat molecules being to large to pass through the small intestine's wall. This is what causes the anal leakage associated with Olestra. And this is the same reason creatine gives some people stomach cramps and diarrhea, and is also the reason that sickness due to bacterial infection will lead to diarrhea.

I've also wondered how they thought that addind vitamins that they know won't be absorbed will help with the situation. I guess they hoped no one would give it to much thought.

Ahhhh...Always getting mixed up on thoses technicalities. Thanks, JRS.Here is a link to an article concerning Olestra. A quick search brought up tons of articles. The only sites supporting Olestra were manufacturers of Olestra. Coincidence? I think not.Why No One Should Eat Products That Contain Olestra

Baked chips would be the best chips.

Has there been any studies on the estrogen/soy connection?

I'm aware that soy products contain phytoestrogen, but have never heard anything about them affecting muscle growth in males.

CHEF BOYARDEE O'S ARE GOOD FOR YA?!

Vitamin K is not available over the counter. D can be found in milk and multi-vits. If you want vit. A it's better to take beta carotene which your body then synthesizes into A as it needs it. It's a little safer since beta carotene is water soluble and you'll piss out what you don't use but massive amounts are not recommended.

Good point by Borisimo! Not only are low fat peanut butters high in Hydrogeninated fats, but the majority of name beand peanut butters are as well. If you are going to eat peanut butter, stick with the old-school kind, the ones you have to stir before eating. They provide you with a lot of EFAs like Borisimo said.
Tony Giammatteo

Borisimo if you could, could you make a new thread and post it on the forum? I wasn't aware that there was a whole lot of research done on the subject (in males at least). There is a lot of speculation going around though.

Borisimo-

I'd really appreciate that info. You can send it to xkhainex@hotmail.com.

Thanks again.