Foot Pain Q

2 days ago I went out running for the first time in 3 years. I ran on grass and gravel. I only ran for 15 minutes at a medium pace since this was the first time after a LONG lay off and I didn't know how my body would react.

About 24 hours later, I get a pain in my foot that has remained relatively constant but changes in intensity. It is located on the left foot, laterally- where the calcaneous and the cuboid meet (outside of the foot, close to where your heel turns inward). It has lasted for about 48 hours now.

There is no swelling or discoloration but at times there is intense pain. When I plantar flex (point the toe) I feel liquid moving in my foot and a slight increase in pain. I am reluctant to get an x-ray if it is not a break given that many people in family have many types of cancer.

Any ideas as to what this could be? And for those wondering, I am studying Kinesiology but havn't taken athletic injuries yet.

thanx

MS

MS, do u get pain with inversion?

Chris.

No increase in pain, it stays the same.

I cracked open my anatomy book which makes refrence to some injuries. The only things that sound similar are plantar faciatis and a collapsed arch. Do either of these make sense?