Football player fatally shot in home invasion

Howard running back Terrence Tusan was killed at a Denton, Texas, apartment complex on Sunday night.

He was shot along with 18-year-old Jakobi Dmon Gipson. According to the Denton Record-Chronicle, the two, along with a third person, are identified as suspects by police in a home invasion robbery at the apartment complex.

From the Record-Chronicle:

Denton police said officers received a 911 call reporting gunshots at 5:38 p.m. Sunday. Officers arrived minutes later to find two victims with with non-life-threatening injuries and two of the suspects — Tusan and Gipson — dead.

Gipson was shot inside the apartment and Tusan was shot outside. Two other people, the residents of the apartment, had non-life-threatening injuries and were treated and released from a local hospital. They have also moved out of the apartment. Per the Record-Chronicle, police haven't identified who shot whom.

On December 23, Howard University released a brief statement.

"Today, the Howard University family mourns the loss of student-athlete Terrence Tusan, a senior from Arlington, Texas, who was majoring in Leisure Studies. Terrence played as a running back on the Howard University Football team for three seasons. We extend our deepest sympathies to the Tusan family at this difficult time."

Tusan, a redshirt junior, finished 2014 with 354 yards and a touchdown. The touchdown came in a game against Rutgers.

“He was a good kid,” Clarence Nevels, a mentor and former coach of Tusan's told the Record-Chronicle. “He had good grades and was just down at AT&T Stadium for Thanksgiving Day Madness Youth Football speaking to students about believing in themselves.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/howard-rb-terrence-tusan-killed-during-suspected-robbery-attempt-035629720.html

So Tusan was trying to rob the house? Phone Post 3.0

I was just watching the Sean Taylor episode of "A Football Life" last night. Creepy.

sourcheese - So Tusan was trying to rob the house? Phone Post 3.0

Yes, allegedly him and 2 others forced their way into an apartment and gunfire broke out.

"Leisure Studies"? I should have an honorary degree.

Dos Huevos Gigante - "Leisure Studies"? I should have an honorary degree.

I want to know what the fuck is leisure studies? Is that like sitting around getting high and playing XBox?

I can't breathe. Well damn I guess that doesn't apply here Phone Post 3.0

VinegarStrokes - 
Dos Huevos Gigante - "Leisure Studies"? I should have an honorary degree.

I want to know what the fuck is leisure studies? Is that like sitting around getting high and playing XBox?

Usually can lead to work in the recreation and/or tourism industries. I took some courses in college thinking it sounded like an easy major, I was sadly mistaken. There was very little leisure in the course work and the professors actually expected a ton of work. I got away from that major with the quickness.

leisure studies sounds like event planning type area.

Why bother posting this though? NFL RB? Yea understable but no one cares about this

"He was a good kid," Clarence Nevels, a mentor and former coach of Tusan's told the Record-Chronicle. "He had good grades and was just down at AT&T Stadium for Thanksgiving Day Madness Youth Football speaking to students about believing in themselves."

No Clarence, he was a piece of shit who got what he deserved. I guess he "believed" he was going to pull off that home invasion...

DAVID H - "He was a good kid," Clarence Nevels, a mentor and former coach of Tusan's told the Record-Chronicle. "He had good grades and was just down at AT&T Stadium for Thanksgiving Day Madness Youth Football speaking to students about believing in themselves."

No Clarence, he was a piece of shit who got what he deserved. I guess he "believed" he was going to pull off that home invasion...

Why are they hiding the part about a rabidly racist cop that happened on the scene and shot these guys then planted the guns?

-Leisure studies

-Good kid

-#Blacklivesmatter

lots of low hanging fruit here

Incindio - Why are they hiding the part about a rabidly racist cop that happened on the scene and shot these guys then planted the guns?
Or the part about how an armed homeowner saved the lives if himself and his family? Phone Post 3.0

ItsCarlSagan - Howard running back Terrence Tusan was killed at a Denton, Texas, apartment complex on Sunday night.

He was shot along with 18-year-old Jakobi Dmon Gipson. According to the Denton Record-Chronicle, the two, along with a third person, are identified as suspects by police in a home invasion robbery at the apartment complex.

From the Record-Chronicle:

Denton police said officers received a 911 call reporting gunshots at 5:38 p.m. Sunday. Officers arrived minutes later to find two victims with with non-life-threatening injuries and two of the suspects — Tusan and Gipson — dead.

Gipson was shot inside the apartment and Tusan was shot outside. Two other people, the residents of the apartment, had non-life-threatening injuries and were treated and released from a local hospital. They have also moved out of the apartment. Per the Record-Chronicle, police haven't identified who shot whom.

On December 23, Howard University released a brief statement.

"Today, the Howard University family mourns the loss of student-athlete Terrence Tusan, a senior from Arlington, Texas, who was majoring in Leisure Studies. Terrence played as a running back on the Howard University Football team for three seasons. We extend our deepest sympathies to the Tusan family at this difficult time."

Tusan, a redshirt junior, finished 2014 with 354 yards and a touchdown. The touchdown came in a game against Rutgers.

“He was a good kid,” Clarence Nevels, a mentor and former coach of Tusan's told the Record-Chronicle. “He had good grades and was just down at AT&T Stadium for Thanksgiving Day Madness Youth Football speaking to students about believing in themselves.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/howard-rb-terrence-tusan-killed-during-suspected-robbery-attempt-035629720.html

The thread title made me believe it was a football player that got shot in his own home by an intruder.

I have no sympathy when burglars get shot.  I don't give a fuck how old they are, how good their grades were, what they said they were going to go to college for or who's grandma they took to church last Sunday..

Fuck em.

Gun control does work. 2 out of 3 isn't bad. Phone Post 3.0

rest in piss thief.

No tolerance or sympathy for thieves. Phone Post 3.0

Home invasion has got to be the worst kind of robbery one can commit. Fuck those guys!

Matt Serra Phone Post 3.0