Football vs. MMA

Which sport do you prefer?

For me it is MMA and it is not even a close contest.

I used to watch football a lot, but I lost interest in it in the mid '90's and have rarely watched it since then. I've actually boycotted watching any of several Super Bowls.

I like MMA better because it's one-on-one and it is a less contrived sport, which means that MMA has practicality as you can use it in a fight if somebody starts trouble with you. Football does not really have any practical uses, and you have to rely on too many teammates while MMA is more self reliant.

Football (NFL)....

mma, but i can see why the nfl is so appealing.

UFC can better compete with team sports if they move to major events that feature only 1 weight class per event  (3 times per year per weight class.   that's the only way the casual fanbase will be able to follow the sport.  otherwise you'll see spikes when a mainstream star emerges and downs when they fade.. 

I don't care which sport is more popular, I've always preferred MMA.

What's Football?

Football? You mean soccer? Phone Post

I love both.......

MMA is more enjoyable on a "good day" but football is more reliable for entertainment value. That said, I still watch only 1% of the football that I used to enjoy before MMA entered my life. Just a junkie waiting for that perfect fight.

I've played football since I was five... I was playing semi-pro and got into Mma in the off season to stay in shape for football... Took a fight and EVERYTHING changed! I was playing semi pro to stay in shape for Mma.. I still love football and love to watch it(college) but I do love Mma and don't really feel that they are comparable as sports.. So I would say.....yes to both Phone Post

An MMA fight is the ultimate athletic contest.

I watch combat sports, bull riding, and the Olympics, but team sports no longer interest me. Phone Post

Mma all day Phone Post

The Marines.

Without them, you'd be speaking Iraqi.

MMA by far Phone Post

"I still love football and love to watch it(college)"

Back when I used to follow football, I always preferred pro football to college football.

College footballs had so many teams and so many players, and due to people graduating college, there was a big turn around on the rosters, so I found it more difficult to follow than pro football.

Plus, I figured, why not watch the professionals in the NFL rather than watch the amateurs - most of whom will never make it to the ranks of the professionals - in college football?

Mma Phone Post

I can't stand football tbh.

There are too many stupid rules, and i just hate the fact that there's absolutely no content.

The average game takes around 3 hours to show on TV, and are supposed to have about an hour of play time, but the amount of time that the ball is actually in play is only like 11-12 minutes.

theshooter - "I still love football and love to watch it(college)"

Back when I used to follow football, I always preferred pro football to college football.

College footballs had so many teams and so many players, and due to people graduating college, there was a big turn around on the rosters, so I found it more difficult to follow than pro football.

Plus, I figured, why not watch the professionals in the NFL rather than watch the amateurs - most of whom will never make it to the ranks of the professionals - in college football?

I like watching college for the sane reason I like watching tuf because they are all driven to make the next level...in the pros 90% off the time you'll get a guy that will get "hurt" with nothing more than a hangnail but will sit out 2 weeks because of it..where as college they know they are limited on time to make an impression and if they don't play injured or sore someone else is waiting in the wings just as hungry if not more hungry. And college starters don't come along often as 4 year starters like Johnny manziel will be, most only have there senior year "13 games" to shine and on missed game and nfl teams will forget about you. Phone Post

MMA, second would be football(soccer)

More people will continue playing/watching mainstream sports than will be into MMA for the next 20yrs.

FYI - Soccer was invented in America. The rest of the world has called it football for thousands of years.

Fútbol (soccer).