Footstomp questions

How much does it hurt?

How much damage can it do?

Do you aim for the toes or the dorsum?

It doesn’t hurt one bit during the fight I guarantee. A couple scrubs will attempt to do it  during sparring at my gym  cause they see it on tv but we all laugh at it . I’m mainly just a wrestler though, can’t speak for the high level fighters. But from my experience it’s just annoying and makes the other guy look “active”

Dick move 

it’s typically a gentlemen’s a green to not do them because dying a fight they typically don’t do much but could severely injury a fighter buy preventing him from training after the fight due to broken bones and such 

should be banned IMO 

Doesnt hurt during a fight. You'll feel it the next day though, especially if you have bad toes/feet.

I was cheering everytime Usman did it. Thats super oldschool shit right there haha

1 Like

My foot hurts every-time one of those stomps land.

Mat is pretty soft so they don't do much damage, nothing to break through adrenaline surge, more an annoyance, that you notice after. Pinching hard is probably like that. Some fighters will use them to get the other fighter to react, and set up a takedown, but to do it for it's own sake is kinda lame - # fights stopped by foot stomp = 0.

Don J - I was cheering everytime Usman did it. Thats super oldschool shit right there haha

That just proves your dickishness 

1 Like

I don’t like them but I dislike that straight kick to front of the knee even more...  I get the argument for them I just don’t like it 

2 Likes

should be illegal like small joint manipulation. He trying to break the toes??

You'd think that if done right, it could pretty damaging to the bones of the foot that provide balance and stability, especially if you stomp higher up towards the ankle, but I personally don't remember seeing a fight where it has had a major effect. 

I faintly remember seeing a fight in UFC or Bellator a few years ago where they were affecting a guy, but I think he was already sustaining other damage and that the stomps weren't the main culprit. 

I still wouldn't want fucking Derek Lewis or Mark Hunt doing that shit to me, though.

Dick move

People saying they should be banned must work for the NJSAC or something. There's too much you're not allowed to do already in the pussified rules or MMA. 

Vrill -

People saying they should be banned must work for the NJSAC or something. There's too much you're not allowed to do already in the pussified rules or MMA. 

Pussified?

Several people including an ex pro have said right here that it does literally nothing in the fight. It makes it boring as hell to watch as they’re usually employed by people like Usman to continue a wall and stall.

It’s about entertainment, not being a pussy.

Have a great day anti-pussy tough guy.

1 Like
Steven McTowelie -
Vrill -

Pussified?

Several people including an ex pro have said right here that it does literally nothing in the fight. It makes it boring as hell to watch as they’re usually employed by people like Usman to continue a wall and stall.

I'm not saying stomping on a guy's foot requires some high level of skill or anything or that foot stomping alone has ever won somebody a fight, but it's still a valid and legit technique in MMA. And this talk of banning shit just because some people think it's boring is absurd. The UFC and MMA in general was build around the idea that it's true fighting without limitations. 

1 Like

I'd like to see it banned because it's dumb.  

Vrill -
Steven McTowelie -
Vrill -

Pussified?

I'm not saying stomping on a guy's foot requires some high level of skill or anything or that foot stomping alone has ever won somebody a fight, but it's still a valid and legit technique in MMA. And this talk of banning shit just because some people think it's boring is absurd. The UFC and MMA in general was build around the idea that it's true fighting without limitations. 

I agree you can’t ban everything, but I also agree with banning things that just promote stalling.

This stopped being about ‘real’ fights a long long time ago. Many other sports have banned legit techniques and strategies because they were boring and sport is meant to be exciting.

That said, there are limits. You can just ban everything until you have 2 guys standing in a phone booth because that’s more exciting. But foot stomps are pretty lame.

Stea1th -

Dick move 

it’s typically a gentlemen’s a green to not do them because dying a fight they typically don’t do much but could severely injury a fighter buy preventing him from training after the fight due to broken bones and such 

should be banned IMO 

Ok so let’s stop punches to the face too, they might break a bone and cause them to not being able to train too? Legs kicks, body kicks and head kicks too while we’re at it. 

They’ve been around forever and I’ve literally never heard or read a single fighter complain about them. 

Steven McTowelie -
Vrill -

Pussified?

Learn to not be put in the position to get stomped then. Its the same tired arguement as a stud wrestler using what he has to win. I hate usman too. Not a defence of that dildo

exar kun -
Steven McTowelie -
Vrill -

Pussified?

Learn to not be put in the position to get stomped then. Its the same tired arguement as a stud wrestler using what he has to win. I hate usman too. Not a defence of that dildo

I’d argue the opposite.

Nothing wrong with the position, you are right, learn to avoid it.

But stalling is not fighting. So maybe the guy doing the stomps should instead learn to do actual fight winning damage from that position.