For all you old people...

What was a scarier time..

The current Covid19 pandemic?

Or..

The beginning of AIDS/HIV?

Now, because back in the early AIDS days it was considered mostly spread among gay men and IV drug users. It wasn't a disease you could get just going to the grocery store.

1 Like

AIDS because it was mostly spread among gay men and IV drug users. 

4 Likes

Covid-19. AIDS only killed gay people at first. Wuhan flu was aerosolized AIDS and China was burning people alive and welding them in buildings to contain it. 

both are mainly bullshit

MSM had more street credit back then so AIDs seemed a bit more legit, people read magazines and newspapers and it was plastered all over those like it was gospel

PHOENIXmike - 

What was a scarier time..

The current Covid19 pandemic?

Or..

The beginning of AIDS/HIV?

I bet you're bummed you have both.

TDS because its mostly spread among gay men 

3 Likes

Niether because they’re both complete bull shit. What I fear is what’s being done to our country by Democrats and the media over the beer virus. That’s the scary part! 

2 Likes

Botulism and AIDS are both spread by bad meat in the can.

2 Likes

OP

OP please define old fuck face. 

When we used to hide under our desks in elementary school,

practicing for when the Russians inevitably bombed our asses.

1 Like

Dryfly - 

Yep, my junior high school was a bomb shelter.

I was a teen during the AIDS scare, it was on my mind but still had sex as often as possible.

I'm 51 now and don't even wanna go to the store.

It's weird though, I'd go to work in a second then be stuck at home tomorrow.

AIDS because it hit closer to home for me

1 Like

Aids. Every time I fucked a girl I thought I was going to die. 

VHStapefan - 

Aids. Every time I fucked a girl I thought I was going to die. 

Tell her to use a smaller strap-on.

1 Like

I was like 12 when the unknown disease hit.

Nobody understood it yet, and I wasn't sexually active yet. 

It was really confusing.

AIDS was more scary because that shit dominated the time from my early teens until my 30s.

You were/are just one bad decision away from getting Jesus skinny and dying like Doc Holiday.

Dryfly -

Remember Air Raid Drill Sundays?

It was just normal once a month to hear the ICBMs are inbound sirens.

At least in CA in the 70s.

I was in my late teen/early adult prime during the hiv/aids era. It was scary before it was known to be mostly a gay thing because we’d hear about it every day on TV and all over music; especially rap. Still, the world’s response wasn’t this dramatic.

Pretty similar in terms of the panic. In order to gain the public's compliance and also have people open their pocket books, the media and the medical establishment over sold the risk of HIV, claiming nuns were getting it, straight people were getting it (in high numbers) even dentists were passing it on to their patients.

That was all over the top, it was and largely is a homosexual/needle using virus (lifestyle). The main case the media used to establish a dentist giving it to a young woman was BS. The young woman was claiming to be a virgin, but after her death the her personal doctor came forward to say she was wasn't a virgin and had been treated for multiple STDs in the past.

The only real public health threat was when the blood supply was tainted in the early to mid-80s. However, the idea that the straight guy next door, having conventional sex with women, was at risk simply never panned out. We know this now of course, but I remember the commercials back then, they made it seem like HIV could be contracted by so many mundane things, i.e., oral sex (risk level is near zero though some studies differ slightly) and vaginal sex (very low chance of transmission).

Now there is prep and good medication, but previous to that, unless you were a gay male (typically the bottom) or IV drug user, you were low risk to get the virus...

The virus doesn't do well in air, in saliva, or transmit easily without blood to blood contact. Sores in on the penis and blood in the...well whatever, but if you are fucking with massive open wounds on your dick, its a lifestyle issue at that point, get that under control.

Before I get murdered for Fake News, here is a very comprehensive article detailing much of this:

https://www.aliveandwell.org/html/risk_realities/whatever_happened.html