For anyone who doesnt think Firemen are badass

View this post on Instagram

10 Firefighters Injured in Downtown LA Fire - Approximately 10 firefighters were injured as multiple buildings were on fire in downtown Los Angeles Saturday, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department. The fire, located in the 300 block of East Boyd Street, was upgraded to a "major emergency" around 6:36 p.m., with an explosion reported on scene, according to the LAFD. According to the LAFD, 10 firefighters were in critical condition.

A post shared by ??Backup Account?? (@5h1t_happens) on

4 Likes

I guess we're all on the same page then

Badasses. I buy a calendar every year to support Vegas Fire &  Rescue.

1 Like

Been a Phoenix ff for 15 years.... thats tuff to watch. 

Did they all survive? Were there any fatalities?

It's kind of like just being a "regular" Navy Diver. It's dangerous work, but because you can't sell  a million videogames about doing it, the public doesn't quite get it.

Even wearing a full FFE sucks with an SCBA, then you get to work incredibly hard in an environment that is usually very deadly. 

You wont make it if you're claustrophobic.

Was watching the last hour of them fight that fire on a live stream, crazy shit. Definitely badasses.

Have there been any updates on the injured firefighters?

boxcar-for-life -

From what I read over 200 firefighters responded to that fire and 11 were injured from that explosion.

boxcar-for-life -

They all survived , but some are in CC

That was just pretty bad.

Yeah that was nuts. It’s crazy to me how those big departments have ladder crews that just go in and do searches. We are taught to NEVER go into a house (active fire) without a hose line and a tool. That video is just nuts. Those guys end up just ducking in the ladder praying 

Jason -

Yeah that was nuts. It’s crazy to me how those big departments have ladder crews that just go in and do searches. We are taught to NEVER go into a house (active fire) without a hose line and a tool. That video is just nuts. Those guys end up just ducking in the ladder praying 

LAFD is a (ladder) truck based department.  Mittendorf (retired BC) literally wrote the book on truck ops.  Newer captains in the department are moving towards more current tactics, but the prevailing saying in the LAFD is “200 years of tradition unimpeded by progress”.  

Yeah, who thinks they are not badass??

Did you hear the audio of the firefighters calling for help? Crazy

And THAT'S why I don't use the big fuckoff gas tanks. 

And yeah, firemen kick ass. Our local guys are fucking awesome.

Any time somebody is willing to head into what others are running from is a certified badass and a goddamn hero! 

Wow

was driving on the freeway through downtown that day and couldn't believe how blue the sky was due to the lack of traffic, and then saw that giant plume of smoke, but didn't realize how bad it was for the firefighters.

hope they recover.

Supposedly one fireman saved a lot of lives by noticing the pressure change before the explosion and told everyone to get out. The fireball was so hot it melted helmets. Crazy...