For Christians only

I am a pretty hard-line Christian meaning I believe in scripture only and the way to interpret scripture is with scripture.

I have an 11 year old daughter I raised by myself since she was 3 months old. Last week I found out she has bone cancer of her upper arm and that it needs to be amputated and she will undergo chemo and radiation.

She seems perfect and healthy in everyway except for the MRI she has had last week. This next week more testes including a full body scan MRI and a small incision on her arm to biopsy the bone infected to see where the cancer originates from.

Now I don't believe that healing is for today. I believe the healing back in Jesus day were real and He did so that others know he is God and that was passed along to His disciples for a time period to show their authrority. But even they died by execution, Lazurus died, Mary died ect.

Today I wonder if healing is true and for what purpose today because even if someone on some far away jungle in the middle of the amazon gets healed and grows another leg we don't really have confirmed reports about it. It is just heresay. Of all those healing services I don't see any healings and a matter of fact they keep the really sick in the back and only bring up those with headaches and stomachaches.

This brings me to my daughter. I don't want her to lose her left (domininant) arm next week. I don't want to find out her cancer has spread to her lungs or other place and the last months years will be pure hell as she barely reaches her womanhood.

As a father I always was worried about being around when my daughter gets married, I taught her the bible. She is strong in that. And it will carry her through and God will be at her side no matter what she will go through. Life is short for all of us and I pray that she will be obient and repentful through her trials. These are her trials. I am just a secondary party to it.

And I will be there with her reminding her she is strong and her faith is what matters most...because so many perish without it.

"THE LORD WILL BE HER HELPER AND SHE WILL NOT BE AFRAID"

But I ask for prayer from Christians anyway. Maybe just becaue you don't want an 11 year old girl suffering the pearls of chemo, radiation and amuputation and that she comes out of this with more years to come.

She is perfectly healthy in every way as I write this. She has no pain and was doing cartwheels in the yard today. All this medical "help" start tomorrow (Monday Feb 9th 2015) and her life will forever be changed.

I know you titled this thread "for Christians only", and I am an atheist; however my thoughts and hopes are with you and your daughter, for what it's worth.

Prayers and the best of thoughts sent your way OP. Much love and much respect to your little warrior. Phone Post 3.0

There are a lot of people a lot further along in their walk with Christ than I am but I do know that when I was in a very dark time in my life my father reminded me of the story of Job and it really helped me to make sense of some things. An article I came across that May or may not interest you is http://blog.adw.org/2010/06/pondering-punishment-in-the-light-of-gods-love/. I can't begin to imagine what is going through your head but I sincerely hope and pray that in your heart you still know that god wouldn't turn his back on you especially in a time like this, I hope that no matter the outcome of all of this you and your little girl are able to come through stronger than before.

Jesus said "Greater things shall you do than Me."
It's possible man I've seen crazier miracles. Btw a lot of atheists run around here so for the sake of decency let's stay positive guys. Phone Post 3.0

As a single father and Christian this hurts to read god bless your daughter i will pray for her. Phone Post 3.0

Thoughts and prayers are with you man. I believe in miracles and have seen them. That said sometimes we face struggles like this for reasons unknown to us and it can be hard. God bless you and your family Phone Post 3.0

Sincerest sympathy for your daughter.

I recommend you ask the doctors advice, seek other medical Practitioners opinions, and then make an informed decision however difficult it may be. Sadly I wouldn't rely on one doctors diagnosis or prayers to get you by.

I hope you make the right decisions and everything works out. Phone Post 3.0

Southpaw76 - Thoughts and prayers are with you man. I believe in miracles and have seen them. That said sometimes we face struggles like this for reasons unknown to us and it can be hard. God bless you and your family Phone Post 3.0
How have you seen a miracle?

People always say this but I've never heard it being legit. Cancer can go into recession but any miracle disappearance is probably a false diagnosis. Phone Post 3.0

Needlemover -
Southpaw76 - Thoughts and prayers are with you man. I believe in miracles and have seen them. That said sometimes we face struggles like this for reasons unknown to us and it can be hard. God bless you and your family Phone Post 3.0

People always say this but I've never heard it being legit. Cancer can go into recession but any miracle disappearance is probably a false diagnosis. Phone Post 3.0
Yea heard of cancer and illness disappearing from other people but for me personally i was watching one of those tv shows where they pray for people. At the time i thought it was kind of bs but i prayed for these people regardless.

Then they prayed for someone suffering for a left shoulder injury and my left shoulder which had been bothering me for weeks got intensely warm. The warmth radiated through the rest of my body and my shoulder was healed. I got down on my knees and thanked God because i knew i had experienced something amazing. I went to the gym the next day to do overhead presses because part of me still didnt believe it.

Now i know the skeptic could give other possible explanations for this and i havent experienced anything anything like it since. All i can say is i knew at the time it was a miracle even though my logical brain questions it as im sure you question this story. It really went against all logic. The other stories i hear much greater than this i do believe them now because of what happend to me. Sorry for the long answer dont want to derail the thread but hope this clarifies my previous post. Phone Post 3.0

These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “..... Heal the sick, " Matthew 10God still heals people through Christians.... claim it bro. Get rid of that dis-believe and right for it. We are in a spiritual war. Don't let the enemy deceive you from that fact. Phone Post

Southpaw76 -
Needlemover -

Yea heard of cancer and illness disappearing from other people but for me personally i was watching one of those tv shows where they pray for people. At the time i thought it was kind of bs but i prayed for these people regardless.

Then they prayed for someone suffering for a left shoulder injury and my left shoulder which had been bothering me for weeks got intensely warm. The warmth radiated through the rest of my body and my shoulder was healed. I got down on my knees and thanked God because i knew i had experienced something amazing. I went to the gym the next day to do overhead presses because part of me still didnt believe it.

Now i know the skeptic could give other possible explanations for this and i havent experienced anything anything like it since. All i can say is i knew at the time it was a miracle even though my logical brain questions it as im sure you question this story. It really went against all logic. The other stories i hear much greater than this i do believe them now because of what happend to me. Sorry for the long answer dont want to derail the thread but hope this clarifies my previous post. Phone Post 3.0
Genuinely interested how this can happen noting that you wouldn't have been watching a live telecast of the show. Phone Post 3.0

my prayers are with you

Needlemover - 
Southpaw76 -
Needlemover -

Genuinely interested how this can happen noting that you wouldn't have been watching a live telecast of the show. Phone Post 3.0

I appreciate you have your beliefs as we have ours but please don't bring negativity to this thread

Banjaxo - I know you titled this thread "for Christians only", and I am an atheist; however my thoughts and hopes are with you and your daughter, for what it's worth.
Me too. Hopes and thoughts are with you. I hope she gets the greatest doctors and the best care in the World. She will pull through OP. Can't imagine what you must be feeling. All the best to you and your family. Phone Post 3.0

prayers sent

I'll come back to this when I get a second Phone Post 3.0

colubrid1 - I am a pretty hard-line Christian meaning I believe in scripture only and the way to interpret scripture is with scripture.

I have an 11 year old daughter I raised by myself since she was 3 months old. Last week I found out she has bone cancer of her upper arm and that it needs to be amputated and she will undergo chemo and radiation.

She seems perfect and healthy in everyway except for the MRI she has had last week. This next week more testes including a full body scan MRI and a small incision on her arm to biopsy the bone infected to see where the cancer originates from.

Now I don't believe that healing is for today. I believe the healing back in Jesus day were real and He did so that others know he is God and that was passed along to His disciples for a time period to show their authrority. But even they died by execution, Lazurus died, Mary died ect.

Today I wonder if healing is true and for what purpose today because even if someone on some far away jungle in the middle of the amazon gets healed and grows another leg we don't really have confirmed reports about it. It is just heresay. Of all those healing services I don't see any healings and a matter of fact they keep the really sick in the back and only bring up those with headaches and stomachaches.

This brings me to my daughter. I don't want her to lose her left (domininant) arm next week. I don't want to find out her cancer has spread to her lungs or other place and the last months years will be pure hell as she barely reaches her womanhood.

As a father I always was worried about being around when my daughter gets married, I taught her the bible. She is strong in that. And it will carry her through and God will be at her side no matter what she will go through. Life is short for all of us and I pray that she will be obient and repentful through her trials. These are her trials. I am just a secondary party to it.

And I will be there with her reminding her she is strong and her faith is what matters most...because so many perish without it.

"THE LORD WILL BE HER HELPER AND SHE WILL NOT BE AFRAID"

But I ask for prayer from Christians anyway. Maybe just becaue you don't want an 11 year old girl suffering the pearls of chemo, radiation and amuputation and that she comes out of this with more years to come.

She is perfectly healthy in every way as I write this. She has no pain and was doing cartwheels in the yard today. All this medical "help" start tomorrow (Monday Feb 9th 2015) and her life will forever be changed.

I'll pray for you and your daughter.

"This brings me to my daughter. I don't want her to lose her left (domininant) arm next week. I don't want to find out her cancer has spread to her lungs or other place and the last months years will be pure hell as she barely reaches her womanhood."

What you "want" is irrelevant. Kids are amazingly resilient, so your first priority is to save her life. Make the best decisions you can with the best doctors you can get.

Get her past the life-threatening hurdle and go from there.

Sorry to hear OP. I'm not a Xian, but I wish her speedy recovery. Sounds like she is in good hands and being young, she has everything going for her. Best of luck brother.

Prayers are with you, and, your family brother. May you find strength in your time of need Phone Post 3.0