For Conor to have a new beginning do we accept

that this is the end?

Redemption is possible. He hasn't killed anyone, and the rape case is dubious and I find it hard to hold him over the fire for it when it seems to be a no go in court. He isn't beyond redeeming himself.

Redemption is something any of us could need in our lives. If he comes back, keeps his hands clean and wins some fights, he could go right back to that inspirational guy he was. It could be an even more powerful story, because now it's loaded with the dangers of fame and ego. And an example of someone coming from even that.

The ball is in his court, though. There is a long road ahead to that point.

Let's be honest here, if he has a fight in the UFC in the next few months and wins, every bad deed he has done will be forgotten and he'll be hailed (especially by the casuals) as the GOAT. 

People forget pretty easily. 

1 Like
notsobigmike -
Jones right nostril -

Let's be honest here, if he has a fight in the UFC in the next few months and wins, every bad deed he has done will be forgotten and he'll be hailed (especially by the casuals) as the GOAT. 

This.

He's one spectacular KO away from becoming everyone's favorite again.

If anything, all his inactivity might even be worse than taking another loss.

Nothing kills market value like being forgotten completely.

Only fight he wins now is a rematch with Dennis Siver. Next fight he loses and then he's Roussey 

notsobigmike -
Jones right nostril -

This.

He's one spectacular KO away from becoming everyone's favorite again.

If anything, all his inactivity might even be worse than taking another loss.

Nothing kills market value like being forgotten completely.

There is no other MMA fighter on this planet, that has 31.6 million Instagram followers. 

For perspective, Floyd Mayweather only has 21.4 million.

No one in this game moves needles like Conor does. The numbers do not lie. Bad publicity is still publicity. Trump knows this as well. His name is on the lips of every fair weathered fan and hater alike. That's good business in the long term.

https://media.giphy.com/media/tuWADkb2g3PAk/giphy.gif

Stupid post. Nobody cares about what Conor does out of the ring. It's not like people are going to skip a card just because he's on it.

MM8 -

Stupid post. Nobody cares about what Conor does out of the ring. It's not like people are going to skip a card just because he's on it.

Correct!

The reason nobody will buy it is because of the ESPN+ deal.

Jones right nostril - 

Wrong.

If he wins and has some good stuff to say , people will love him again . If he loses , it will be rough.

I loved to see him fight and most of the hype he brought. Now? I don't give a fook until he has an actual bout lined up. Talk talk talk is annoying.

One of the differences between him and jones looking back 10 years from now is he hasn't been done for them piccos.

I'll be glad when he is gone from MMA. I don't like his fanboys.

In

December 2015

Conor McGregor on Beginning His Career - YouTube

The Magician Longs to See -

Redemption is possible. He hasn't killed anyone, and the rape case is dubious and I find it hard to hold him over the fire for it when it seems to be a no go in court. He isn't beyond redeeming himself.

Redemption is something any of us could need in our lives. If he comes back, keeps his hands clean and wins some fights, he could go right back to that inspirational guy he was. It could be an even more powerful story, because now it's loaded with the dangers of fame and ego. And an example of someone coming from even that.

The world made us believe Tyson actually raped a girl who was accused of making false allegations in the past and even after his arrest and we still eat up everything Tyson does. Just because a bunch of Dorito eating dorks on the internet says its the end doesn't mean shit. 

1 Like
TheRealFOF - 

The world made us believe Tyson actually raped a girl who was accused of making false allegations in the past and even after his arrest and we still eat up everything Tyson does. Just because a bunch of Dorito eating dorks on the internet says its the end doesn't mean shit. 

Hopefully you are right. But even the Corn Nuts eating paid pundits are saying this could be the end.

CRE -
TheRealFOF - 

Hopefully you are right. But even the Corn Nuts eating paid pundits are saying this could be the end.

I most likely am, I think Conor needs to go back to where he was when he was calling for his shot at the top of the 145lb division. His interviews were amazing and entertaining. He is under the Floyd Mayweather model now and people are either going to love him or hate him but the difference is Floyd is a straight edge guy, no booze or drugs so we all expected this with Conor. I am personally begging that he gets his shit back in order. I don’t necessarily want to see him fight for a belt at all right now but I wouldnt mind seeing him have a pick em fight for our entertainment.