? for the military veterans here in the OG

Please watch this video

https://youtu.be/qOvbNLqueVk

Do you agree with Dr. Gabor Mate?

I do, he’s spot on about the reasons a lot of us joined as well.

I don’t have ptsd and I personally think it’s wildly faked in the service but yeah, the guys who are jacked up probably had prior trauma in their lives.

Huge correlation between PTSD and childhood trauma. Concur with Blizass, it is commonly faked. Disability can be lucrative. Dr. Grosman talks a bunch about this. The worst thing is that those who do fake it, then have to live the lie for the rest of their lives and end up, "becoming the lie."

From a vet who used to help with a PTSD recovery group and witnessed vets coaching others into the right things to say. "As long as you stick to the story, they can't disprove it."

? I don’t know if it’s connected to childhood traumas or not.

I do know all most every person I know that is getting a government disability check for it is faking.

My unit split in two when it went to Iraq.  A small percentage, less than 10%,  ever left the wire of the base and did anything remotely stressful.   Out of that 10% zero are getting checks.

They other ninety percent never left the base.  I’d guess somewhere around 25% of them are milking the system.

Blizass - 

I do, he’s spot on about the reasons a lot of us joined as well.

I don’t have ptsd and I personally think it’s wildly faked in the service but yeah, the guys who are jacked up probably had prior trauma in their lives.

Haven't watched video yet but, it's a common discussion that many people that are "fucked up" had problems before they ever went in.  it's too bad ptsd get so overused, I know guys who I truly worry about. They don't claim to have problems but they have pictures of 'death masks' on their phones, and talk briefly about thier buddy's bleeding out in their arms and shit like that.  

PTSD is a real thing for people like that.

Not so much for people that saw a little action, and now need some validation or a hug or something.  There's a meme that someone printed out and taped to the wall in one of the offices where I work. It was a Marine standing there firing a 240 cyclic from the hip, covered in dirt, smoke all around and it said. "PTSD.... knowing you'll never be this badass again". 

I think for many this nails it.  For others, it's real.

Kubla khan - 

I do know all most every person I know that is getting a government disability check for it is faking.

My unit split in two when it went to Iraq.  A small percentage, less than 10%,  ever left the wire of the base and did anything remotely stressful.   Out of that 10% zero are getting checks.

They other ninety percent never left the base.  I’d guess somewhere around 25% of them are milking the system.

Why 10% getting zero checks?

forumnewb -
Kubla khan - 

Jesus,

There was only ten percent that saw any combat.   None of them are scamming the government.

The most stressful thing the guys that are pulling checks for ptsd did was walk to the chow hall.

What I’m trying to convey is that a shit ton of people are getting ptsd disability checks (your tax money)  did fuck all that would give them ptsd and are ripping you off.

Kubla khan - 
forumnewb -
Kubla khan - 

Jesus,

There was only ten percent that saw any combat.   None of them are scamming the government.

The most stressful thing the guys that are pulling checks for ptsd did was walk to the chow hall.

What I’m trying to convey is that a shit ton of people are getting ptsd disability checks (your tax money)  did fuck all that would give them ptsd and are ripping you off.

"There was only ten percent that saw any combat.   None of them are scamming the government."

What is preventing the 10% legit combat vets from receiving any compensation from the government?

forumnewb - 
Kubla khan - 
forumnewb -
Kubla khan - 

Jesus,

"There was only ten percent that saw any combat.   None of them are scamming the government."

What is preventing the 10% legit combat vets from receiving any compensation from the government?

So many reasons. Stigma behind asking for help. Not wanting to feel weak. Not wanting to be in the same group as the fakers. Not wanting to look the issue head on. Finally, add to that the politicians who will now try to strip them of their right to bear arms if they have ever been diagnosed with PTSD.

noshame -
forumnewb - 
Kubla khan - 
forumnewb -
Kubla khan - 

Jesus,

So many reasons. Stigma behind asking for help. Not wanting to feel weak. Not wanting to be in the same group as the fakers. Not wanting to look the issue head on. Finally, add to that the politicians who will now try to strip them of their right to bear arms if they have ever been diagnosed with PTSD.

For fucks sake,

They don’t get it because they don’t have it.   

Fucking hell point is it’s fucking rare and most people who claim to have it don’t.    

I feel like I need crayons to explain it.

Seriously, you two couldn’t figure this out, I thought it was explained rather clearly.

Getting out after one enlistment you don’t have all the resources a retiree has.  Retirees spend their last enlistment setting up all their disability claims to get 90%+ and receive $3500 tax free on top of their retirement.  

PTSD is the easiest disability to get the highest percentage so a lot of guys go that route.

Its a scam of the highest order.

White347LX -

Getting out after one enlistment you don’t have all the resources a retiree has.  Retirees spend their last enlistment setting up all their disability claims to get 90%+ and receive $3500 tax free on top of their retirement.  

PTSD is the easiest disability to get the highest percentage so a lot of guys go that route.

I know crap supporter who would agree with you. His knee hurts like your VJ.

I was patrolling daily but only in a few small firefights and have the same thoughts on PTSD being mostly bullshit. There was a little transition but it was a short term thing and mostly to do with perspective. I didn’t see as much combat as some, didn’t have close friends killed and was in Iraq for the invasion pre IEDs being common so for the most part I don’t judge. When people bring it up out of nowhere or are known pogs my gut says they’re just a bitch though. I mean, if I met any of you in person I wouldn’t even tell you this much about any of it and these people almost “brag” about their “disability” on FB. 

For those of you that served, thank you for your service. I didn’t have that gene. I respect the fuck out of any person who is willing to serve in the capacity you all did. 

Are you guys serious about all the “alleged” PTSD? There’s people who would actually fake that shit? I feel like such a fucking idiot for thinking that this couldn’t happen. 

White347LX -

I'm in the Air Force i dont know anyone with PTSD since we never left the base on my deployments to the middle east.  But at least in the maintenance career field I dont know too many people that make up problems.  I've been doing this for 15 years and I have torn ligaments in my ankle, both my rotator cuffs, and have a bad back.  The only one that didnt happen on the job was my ankle but that was done at squadron PT.  with that being said the biggest disability thing I see is sleep apnea and that's 50% by itself  

As an Infantry Officer with 4 combat deployments between Iraq and Afghanistan, I have seen Marines suffer from legitimate PTSD.  Marines whom I would consider to be top of the food chain warriors can be deeply affected by what they witness or do or what happens to those around them. I have also seen many, many more claim to suffer from PTSD that never saw combat much less fired their weapons...

Not everyone who sees combat, its aftermath and horror is traumatized by it.  We have warriors in our society who can deal with the effects of combat.  All of us that have been in combat situations have lasting memories and it will leave an indelible mark.  My opinion is that PTSD is an over used term and label that is too quickly applied to anyone who is having difficulties dealing with traumatic events.  Is crying when you think about a buddy who died in your arms PTSD or are you just mourning his loss?  I can’t answer that question but I know how military doctors will view it.  

ABCTT_sakurabas ear -

For those of you that served, thank you for your service. I didn’t have that gene. I respect the fuck out of any person who is willing to serve in the capacity you all did. 

Are you guys serious about all the “alleged” PTSD? There’s people who would actually fake that shit? I feel like such a fucking idiot for thinking that this couldn’t happen. 

It would be very difficult for me to think of any term that disgusted me more than those words uttered continuously in the presence of virtually any soldier in the United States: "Thank you for your service."

What service is actually being praised by those conditioned to say these empty words? Why are they thanking and praising nearly every soldier they see? 

Is it because hatred of the U.S. is increasing, and new enemies are being created in the Middle East and all around the rest of the world?

Is it because thousands and thousands of innocent people are being killed now in places like Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Libya, Syria, Yemen, and many more are being threatened?

Is it because 20,000,000 to 30,000,000 foreigners, mostly innocent civilians, have died just since World War II due to U.S. interference and war?

Is it because indefinite detention without due process, torture, assassination, and rendition are now common and accepted practices?

Is it because suicide rates among American soldiers have increased 80% since the Iraq War began?

Is it because mental problems now send more military personnel to the hospital than any other cause?

Is it because destruction and separation of military families is rampant?

Is it because civil liberties have all but disappeared due to so-called terrorism legislation? (terror legislation would be more accurate)

Is it because of the creation of the USA PATRIOT Act, Military Commissions Act, NDAA, TSA, and Department of Homeland Security (DHS)? 

Is it because of the massive buildup of killer drones abroad and at home?

Is it because the huge deficit spending to support multiple aggressive wars is causing economic chaos?

Is it because of the surging number of double amputees of American soldiers?

Is it because of increasing energy costs due to the United States unwarranted presence in the Middle East region?

Is it because the domestic police have now become a brutal militarized force, bent on controlling the entire population?

I could of course go on, but the picture is clear. Those who continue to believe the propaganda about all U.S. wars leading to the protection of freedom, and to our national security, are blinded by ignorance,               and consumed by pathetic false patriotism. No U.S. wars have ever served the purpose of freedom; they have only served to destroy it.

Due to these wars of aggression and occupation, our freedoms are virtually non-existent today. We are spied upon, tracked, searched without warrant, sexually assaulted, and radiated. There are now checkpoints in many parts of the country where it is demanded that we "show our papers," and killer spy drones are filling our skies. Government agents and the military are patrolling all U.S. borders, and Blackhawk war helicopters sporting heavily armed soldiers hanging on tethers are flying over our cities.

Because of these wars, the government has gained enormous power, and continues its assault on liberty. A police state environment has taken hold, and if not curbed soon, will lead to Martial Law in the near future. The DHS has purchased enough killing ammunition to murder more than twice the population, and on the say so of one man, Americans can and are being assassinated.

Why?

In order for our national security to be defended, we first have to be attacked. That has not happened. In order to protect freedom here at home, all foreign wars must cease, and all the government agencies and "terrorism" legislation created since 9/11 should be abolished immediately! Every U.S. base on foreign soil should be closed, and every troop stationed in another country should come home and enter the private sector. At least that would be a good start.

There is a reason that the young are sent as cannon fodder to die in the wars of the politicians, bankers, and corporations. They are less likely to challenge the orders they are given; orders meant to be obeyed regardless of the immoral nature of those demands, and regardless of the horrible consequences they will most certainly face. Those who "serve" do not serve the people who falsely praise them; they only serve one master, and that master is the nation state and its benefactors. It is not "we the people."

Thank you for your service? 

Absolutely not! We can't afford any more of this kind of service!

Well good morning, sunshine

GeorgeOrwell -
ABCTT_sakurabas ear -

It would be very difficult for me to think of any term that disgusted me more than those words uttered continuously in the presence of virtually any soldier in the United States: "Thank you for your service."

What service is actually being praised by those conditioned to say these empty words? Why are they thanking and praising nearly every soldier they see? 

Is it because hatred of the U.S. is increasing, and new enemies are being created in the Middle East and all around the rest of the world?

Is it because thousands and thousands of innocent people are being killed now in places like Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Libya, Syria, Yemen, and many more are being threatened?

Is it because 20,000,000 to 30,000,000 foreigners, mostly innocent civilians, have died just since World War II due to U.S. interference and war?

Is it because indefinite detention without due process, torture, assassination, and rendition are now common and accepted practices?

Is it because suicide rates among American soldiers have increased 80% since the Iraq War began?

Is it because mental problems now send more military personnel to the hospital than any other cause?

Is it because civil liberties have all but disappeared due to so-called terrorism legislation? (terror legislation would be more accurate)

Is it because of the creation of the USA PATRIOT Act, Military Commissions Act, NDAA, TSA, and Department of Homeland Security (DHS)? 

Is it because the huge deficit spending to support multiple aggressive wars is causing economic chaos?

Is it because of increasing energy costs due to the United States unwarranted presence in the Middle East region?

Is it because the domestic police have now become a brutal militarized force, bent on controlling the entire population?

I could of course go on, but the picture is clear. Those who continue to believe the propaganda about all U.S. wars leading to the protection of freedom, and to our national security, are blinded by ignorance,               and consumed by pathetic false patriotism. No U.S. wars have ever served the purpose of freedom; they have only served to destroy it.

Due to these wars of aggression and occupation, our freedoms are virtually non-existent today. We are spied upon, tracked, searched without warrant, sexually assaulted, and radiated. There are now checkpoints in many parts of the country where it is demanded that we "show our papers," and killer spy drones are filling our skies. Government agents and the military are patrolling all U.S. borders, and Blackhawk war helicopters sporting heavily armed soldiers hanging on tethers are flying over our cities.

Because of these wars, the government has gained enormous power, and continues its assault on liberty. A police state environment has taken hold, and if not curbed soon, will lead to Martial Law in the near future. The DHS has purchased enough killing ammunition to murder more than twice the population, and on the say so of one man, Americans can and are being assassinated.

Why?

In order for our national security to be defended, we first have to be attacked. That has not happened. In order to protect freedom here at home, all foreign wars must cease, and all the government agencies and "terrorism" legislation created since 9/11 should be abolished immediately! Every U.S. base on foreign soil should be closed, and every troop stationed in another country should come home and enter the private sector. At least that would be a good start.

There is a reason that the young are sent as cannon fodder to die in the wars of the politicians, bankers, and corporations. They are less likely to challenge the orders they are given; orders meant to be obeyed regardless of the immoral nature of those demands, and regardless of the horrible consequences they will most certainly face. Those who "serve" do not serve the people who falsely praise them; they only serve one master, and that master is the nation state and its benefactors. It is not "we the people."

First true deserved "FRAT" of the new year. This batch of trolls looks to be worse than the last. 

GeorgeOrwell -
ABCTT_sakurabas ear -

Why?

You’re welcome.