For the neckbreads who say Pettis has no heart...

Let's see you guys fight Nate Diaz with a broken foot and make it to a decision.  

Duke Rofus just confirmed that Pettis broke his foot in the second when Nate checked a low kick.  He didn't tell Duke, other duke would've stopped it (like the Ferguson fight) and people would've called Pettis a pussy with no heart again.

Now people are shitting on Pettis's performance saying he gave up after the first.

If he quits cause his foot broke, he's a pussy.  If he fights with a broken foot, he'll get his ass kicked and people will say he sucks.

I love violence but I won't question a fighters heart if he quits cause of an injury.  Why should they risk further brain damage for what is now a very slim chance to win?  For the fans entertainment ?  The same fans who will shit on him the moment he loses.  

3 Likes

Pettis is a badass and a true showman.  I hope he recovers quickly

Zahabi says it was Diaz's takedown in R1 (which Diaz has never done before via catching a kick) that gassed Pettis out. Add to the fact that Pettis wanted to fight on the ground with Diaz (tried for the Kimura in R2) when Diaz is the better grappler. Again Diaz spending less energy on the ground because he's better. So a bad gameplan from Pettis and possibly a broken foot.

Gohan blanco -

Let's see you guys fight Nate Diaz with a broken foot and make it to a decision.  

Duke Rofus just confirmed that Pettis broke his foot in the second when Nate checked a low kick.  He didn't tell Duke, other duke would've stopped it (like the Ferguson fight) and people would've called Pettis a pussy with no heart again.

Now people are shitting on Pettis's performance saying he gave up after the first.

If he quits cause his foot broke, he's a pussy.  If he fights with a broken foot, he'll get his ass kicked and people will say he sucks.

I love violence but I won't question a fighters heart if he quits cause of an injury.  Why should they risk further brain damage for what is now a very slim chance to win?  For the fans entertainment ?  The same fans who will shit on him the moment he loses.  

I saw the post that he made from the ER where he said that he broke it in the first round on Nate's "tough-ass head".

I broke my right foot twice, and it's a fucking nightmare. He's a fucking warrior to go 5 rounds like that.

1 Like
Card -

Zahabi says it was Diaz's takedown in R1 (which Diaz has never done before via catching a kick) that gassed Pettis out. Add to the fact that Pettis wanted to fight on the ground with Diaz (tried for the Kimura in R2) when Diaz is the better grappler. Again Diaz spending less energy on the ground because he's better. So a bad gameplan from Pettis and possibly a broken foot.

I like Firas but I would believe Pettis corner over him. I don't buy that the takedown gassed him out. I do buy that he expended a lot of energy on the ground, because it definitely appeared to me that he did. 

Im sure he saw the opportunity to submit a legendary Gracie black belt, and wasted a ton of energy attacking Diaz from the guard immediately. 

Pettis is one of the best guys off of his back that I've seen and has submitted some guys who really NEVER get tapped, but Diaz is just that good. 

Remember when he "broke his hand" vs Ferguson?

2 Likes
Card -

Lmao he did that against Conor in their first fight.  That's nothing new buddy.  Plus pettis is a high level grappler.  He easily subbed Benson who smashed Diaz on the ground.  He also subbed Melendez which no ones done.  He subbed Olivera whose a bjj wizard himself.

Pettis has great submissions.  His gameplay wasn't bad at all.  Nate out performed him and broke his foot.  

Seems like he's breaking something every fight now... might be time to retire when every fight you lose is because something broke. Osteoporosis hit early.. 

2 Likes

Duke thinking a Pettis return for december.... I don't know about that. Let the guy heal a little longer, he took alot of damage...

Smilin like Rashad -

His hand was super swollen. Could've been a sprain then.  Sprains are also fucked.  He fought 5 rounds against RDA with a broken orbital bone.  Diaz with a broken foot.  Hes a warrior but not stupid 

Neckbread?

2 Likes
KnockoutThoughts -

Seems like he's breaking something every fight now... might be time to retire when every fight you lose is because something broke. Osteoporosis hit early.. 

Yup. His ribs in the Poirer fight, his hand in the Tony fight, now his foot. Also didn't he get injured in the Holloway fight? 

Hes also been super active. I agree he needs some time off and possibly retirement in the next couple of years. 

1 Like
Gohan blanco -
Smilin like Rashad -

His hand was super swollen. Could've been a sprain then.  Sprains are also fucked.  He fought 5 rounds against RDA with a broken orbital bone.  Diaz with a broken foot.  Hes a warrior but not stupid 

According to the UG you have to be stupid in order to be a warrior 

KnockoutThoughts -

He's making 6 figures a fight.  He's got a family to take care of.  If he's injury prone, just fight once a year.  He'll still make more money than 80% of people in a year 

Came for neck bread. Dissappointed. 

Helgaiden -

Duke thinking a Pettis return for december.... I don't know about that. Let the guy heal a little longer, he took alot of damage...

Duke's stable running low?

Have Duke's comment about a broken foot been confirmed? Pettis said he broke his hand in the Ferg fight and that wasn't true. I don't think he needs excueses, he's a great fighter but if he was from Brazil you guys would be all over him.

jpm995 -

Have Duke's comment about a broken foot been confirmed? Pettis said he broke his hand in the Ferg fight and that wasn't true. I don't think he needs excueses, he's a great fighter but if he was from Brazil you guys would be all over him.

Wondering if confirmed as well...  

Pettis has a tonne of heart but it's a myth that he broke his hand vs Ferguson. No matter how many times Rogan says he did.

Dude, all the bad asses and warriors on here said that Pettis sucks and has no heart. I mean, it came from here so it has to be true