For the neckbreads who say Pettis has no heart...

MasterofMartialArts -
KnockoutThoughts -

Seems like he's breaking something every fight now... might be time to retire when every fight you lose is because something broke. Osteoporosis hit early.. 

Yup. His ribs in the Poirer fight, his hand in the Tony fight, now his foot. Also didn't he get injured in the Holloway fight? 

Hes also been super active. I agree he needs some time off and possibly retirement in the next couple of years. 

He got injuried in a very action packed fight.  That's normal.  He's a human being.  He only fights 2x a year as it is and makes 100k++ each fight.  He doesn't need to retire.  He's still in his prime.  

He looked like a g coming through those knees and ending up on top. Even more impressive with a fucked foot.

He's been wlwlwl basically, but I've never been more of a fan of Pettis than I am lately. Dude always has a good showing.

I'm not saying Pettis has no heart. When he was champ he was a straight killer. But has he ever come back in a fight that he was losing to win at the end? It seems like whenever he starts losing he folds and gives up. The RDA fight comes to mind.

But I thought Nate can't check kicks?

I was hoping he was gonna break his foot when he started spamming low kicks.

MasterofMartialArts - 
Card -

Zahabi says it was Diaz's takedown in R1 (which Diaz has never done before via catching a kick) that gassed Pettis out. Add to the fact that Pettis wanted to fight on the ground with Diaz (tried for the Kimura in R2) when Diaz is the better grappler. Again Diaz spending less energy on the ground because he's better. So a bad gameplan from Pettis and possibly a broken foot.

I like Firas but I would believe Pettis corner over him. I don't buy that the takedown gassed him out. I do buy that he expended a lot of energy on the ground, because it definitely appeared to me that he did. 

Im sure he saw the opportunity to submit a legendary Gracie black belt, and wasted a ton of energy attacking Diaz from the guard immediately. 

Pettis is one of the best guys off of his back that I've seen and has submitted some guys who really NEVER get tapped, but Diaz is just that good. 

Zahabi is wrong about things like 70% of the time. I agree that Pettis did expend some energy but it wasn’t what completely gassed him out.

Thread would've been a lot more entertaining if it was mostly neckbread jokes smh

1 Like
Throwin'Knuckles -
El Duderino -

I'm not saying Pettis has no heart. When he was champ he was a straight killer. But has he ever come back in a fight that he was losing to win at the end? It seems like whenever he starts losing he folds and gives up. The RDA fight comes to mind.

Wonderboy

Good call. He definitely came back in that fight.

I thought he was gonna quit in the second, he had that look in his eye but he fought through it and started doing better. Dudes got heart, simple fans want these fighters to pretty much kill themselves for their entertainment. 

Any fighter who steps in a cage to bang has heart.

neck bread-

Debris that collects around the head of the penis.

1 Like

Pettis fought killers row the last five years and is a champ. You do do that if you dont have heart.

Broken rib vs Poirier, broken hand vs Tony, and broken foot vs Nate. Maybe this just isn't for him. I'm not being a dick, because broken bones are out of his control, but clearly his body just can't handle fighting at the top level. He's a top guy in skill, no question, but he's always hurt. 

1 Like

Is Pettis injury prone? Yes but he has heart for days 

Eskimo -

Broken rib vs Poirier, broken hand vs Tony, and broken foot vs Nate. Maybe this just isn't for him. I'm not being a dick, because broken bones are out of his control, but clearly his body just can't handle fighting at the top level. He's a top guy in skill, no question, but he's always hurt. 

Shut up.  He knocked out Wonderboy the previous fight before.  If it wasnt for Jorge's flying knee, Pettis would probably win ko of the year.  

I love how you bring up his loses from well over a year ago but skip over one of his biggest wins that happened a few months ago.  

The fact that he continues to fight despite all the injuries is a testament to his heart

Gohan blanco -
Eskimo -

Shut up.  He knocked out Wonderboy the previous fight before.  If it wasnt for Jorge's flying knee, Pettis would probably win ko of the year.  

I love how you bring up his loses from well over a year ago but skip over one of his biggest wins that happened a few months ago.  

The fact that he continues to fight despite all the injuries is a testament to his heart

I was clearly talking about injuries and mentioned his injuries. I'm sorry you're illiterate. 

1 Like