For the smoker fans out there

Oh brilliant OG. I feel like I should add the BBQ sauce before storing it. Thoughts?

Edit: it will be eaten Saturday afternoon.

No

Sauce on the side for those who want it. Maybe offer two. A vinegar based and a ketchup based. Super simple to make

2 Likes

My wife just got me these for lifting the Boston Butts

1 Like

Bear claws!

I used to use. I now use KitchenAid but those work great

1 Like

FTC is a game changer. Keeps heat up to 6 hrs and the rest is perfect. 3 hrs minimum.

1 Like

Pulled pork is so fucking good. I like to cook fat cap down so it’s gets super crispy. You can pull it off and chop it up to top each sandwich.

1 Like

Dont do it all stringy. Coarse pulled. People wanna eat meat not dogfood textured pork.

2 Likes

Directly over coals?

Just made a brisket yesterday. Hot and fast style in the smoker.

3 Likes

What kind of smoker?

I have a Traeger pro

1 Like

Wood pellet?

Yessir, wife and daughter bought me one for Father’s Day. Wifi and shit lol

3 Likes

Nice

1 Like

how long did that hot and fast style take? at what average temp did you cook? wrap around 165?

2 Likes

I mentioned in the BEF thread, I did about 100lbs for my daughters grad party last month

I sliced too thick but that’s on a KJ, similar to BGE

2 Likes

How much is the kamodo joe?

I smoke on a Weber Smokey Mountain with a deflector plate(no water). It does get crispy and black(not burnt) but controlling temps is key. You could do a final crisping over coals. I would make sure there is at least 18" from fire to meat to prevent burning.

1 Like

Honestly couldn’t say. I bought this a couple years ago, I had three BGE prior, and while talking to the guy he said he had a black one in the back he only used once for a demo cook. Still came with full warranty. But KJ switched to red so he didn’t use for demo cooks anymore. $550 out the door. So I snatched that quickly

1 Like