For the smoker fans out there

330 till internal temp is 160 then wrap until 204ish. Pull, let rest for a little bit so it hits 205ish. Doesn’t take long at all this way. 12.5 lb brisket started at 2 finished by dinner at 6-7.

3 Likes

$ they are 2600 to 1700 dollars

1 Like

Man, that hot and fast is perfect. Wish I could hammer em out like that.

1 Like

Yeah I love em like that. Taste a little more steak-y but really tender and jiggly.

1 Like

Lol f that

1 Like

Nice man. A buddy and I are doing a brisket for the first time this weekend. Gonna brine it beforehand and do a few other things.

1 Like

I wouldn’t brine a brisket.

1 Like

Brine is for reuben meat

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think I would brine a brisket unless it’s a dry brine.

1 Like

Really? I figured a wet brine would help it not dry out too much

You can dry brine it with salt so that it gets deep into the meat but a wet brine might make it mushy. You coat it with mustard and then throw your favorite rub on it, I prefer coarse salt and coarse pepper with garlic. You won’t taste the mustard, it’s just there to bind the rub, but honestly, I don’t even do that, I just put my rub heavily directly on the meat, coating all sides. I place a pan of water on the top rack while the brisket is smoking to keep it moist.

4 Likes

When I did the smoking for the butcher shops it was part of the pork and beef finishing.

Yeah you can brine pork and it gives it that nice red color, but it’s not the same kind of salt, it’s pink curing salt. We brine salmon and turkey legs in it too

2 Likes

Mine is wifi too. I love that feature!

2 Likes

Salt potatoes are great and not too salty at all. You cannot cut or pierce the skin before cooking or otherwise they will be too salty and ruined. The salt raises the boiling point of water which leads to a creamier interior texture. Drizzle some melted butter over the top when serving.

3 Likes