For those that thought Ariel...

For those that thought Ariel could have only gotten his info on Brock's return from the UFC brass, Cormier revealed today that Brock confirmed to him about fighting at 200 before it was announced.

"I started hearing these rumors, so I texted Brock. Hey Brock, are you fighting at 200? And he didn't answer. So I asked him, hey Brock, is it Christmas time in the Cormier household? And he texted me back; Merry Christmas" Phone Post 3.0

...on Opie and Jim. Phone Post 3.0

So you're saying that Brock actually knew that he was going to fight again shortly before news broke? Are you sure about that? Phone Post 3.0

Jump Kick - So you're saying that Brock actually knew that he was going to fight again shortly before news broke? Are you sure about that? Phone Post 3.0
Mind blowing Phone Post 3.0

Despite knowing he'd be on the card, the UFC decided not to start USADA until it had been signed. I'd probably do the same thing if I was them but I wouldn't claim to be so legitimate Phone Post 3.0

Jump Kick - So you're saying that Brock actually knew that he was going to fight again shortly before news broke? Are you sure about that? Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0

didnt ariel say on his broadcast that he ALWAYS gets confirmation from both sides? one side is brock, the other is the UFC....

gokudamus - didnt ariel say on his broadcast that he ALWAYS gets confirmation from both sides? one side is brock, the other is the UFC....

Didn't Ariel specifically say multiple times h doesn't conform with the ufc because they've blatantly lied to him in the past?  He said he gets confirmation from more than one source

InTheClosetCucumberBoy - 
gokudamus - didnt ariel say on his broadcast that he ALWAYS gets confirmation from both sides? one side is brock, the other is the UFC....

Didn't Ariel specifically say multiple times h doesn't conform with the ufc because they've blatantly lied to him in the past?  He said he gets confirmation from more than one source

yeah, well he says contradictory things at times...it happens to big fat liars

Those that believe the mole theory are ignorant or dumb. 

gokudamus -
InTheClosetCucumberBoy - 

What?  If he confirmed with one fighter his source could the other fighter, their camp, a respected person from the industry (like another media member) or just someone with ties.  Does this really need to be explained to you?

InTheClosetCucumberBoy - 
gokudamus -
InTheClosetCucumberBoy - 

What?  If he confirmed with one fighter his source could the other fighter, their camp, a respected person from the industry (like another media member) or just someone with ties.  Does this really need to be explained to you?

he said on his podcast he always confirms on both sides...one side is the UFC, it may not be "UFC brass" but it would mean someone within the UFC...a "respected person from the industry" is not the other side...does this really need to be explained to you?

The other side could be the opponent

InTheClosetCucumberBoy -

Yup he said he doesn't put out news articles unless he has two sources that are not related to each other at all. And he doesn't ask the UFC about rumors or what not anymore because they lie to him. Phone Post 3.0

blueberrycoconutmilk - 

The other side could be the opponent

there was no opponent bra...he was talking about both sides of the contract (ie brock and the UFC)

Is there going to be mma hour today? Phone Post 3.0

Jump Kick - So you're saying that Brock actually knew that he was going to fight again shortly before news broke? Are you sure about that? Phone Post 3.0

No, he had no idea. The UFC announced it and they were just lucky that Brock liked the idea, so he agreed.

No, I think he just said he confirms with two separate sources, before he publishes. Phone Post 3.0

scrapdo - For those that thought Ariel could have only gotten his info on Brock's return from the UFC brass, Cormier revealed today that Brock confirmed to him about fighting at 200 before it was announced.

"I started hearing these rumors, so I texted Brock. Hey Brock, are you fighting at 200? And he didn't answer. So I asked him, hey Brock, is it Christmas time in the Cormier household? And he texted me back; Merry Christmas" Phone Post 3.0

You have misquoted this discussion...

Cormier said that Brock didn't reply to his question until after the advert at the PPV had aired. Brock didn't reply to him until after the news had broken.

Arlovskis Chin - Despite knowing he'd be on the card, the UFC decided not to start USADA until it had been signed. I'd probably do the same thing if I was them but I wouldn't claim to be so legitimate Phone Post 3.0
You get my VU for the day.

I'm guessing hunt knew as well. That's why he was so pissed off. Phone Post 3.0