Forgotten About S&W LW 6-shot Snub! & Colt Det. Sp

Are they coming for Revolvers and double barrels yet, or is it still ok to go on the front porch leaving the safety of your home and blast two shots in the air endangering your neighbors? 

I think many didn't even know this model existed, and once BK grip comes in should be much easier to shoot than a J-frame!  Surprised to see it talked about and compared to a model 10 Retro redoing in Combat Handguns magazine this month.  

Hoping my Revolver fans will give the vid and this thread some love.  There are still a ton of reasons a snub is an Ideal Backup Gun.  

Also, I did a somewhat funny ending for the video that other Boomers (actually I'm a couple years older but ok whatever whipper snappers) might get. 

https://youtu.be/zZfKz7ySsEI

And in case you haven't seen yet on the also forgotten about yet Iconic perfect dimensions 6 shot Colt Det. Special...I mean, It sure seems a lot of OGers really want some Dick in their lives from reading the comments...

https://youtu.be/VCHiZts31uI

My old timer friend's collection is so awesome I had to break into segments which will be coming, a lot of awesome old revolvers and pistols.....

And don't worry modern pistoleros....

I have an extremely awesome still PC for now 10 rd capacity mostly forgotten about one of the very best most reliable pistols ever made in God's caliber coming....

For my Revo fans just getting off work

My dad has a .38 detective special 

Actually, that’s the first pistol I ever shot now that I think about it. 1’x1’ piece of plywood at like 20’..... i was about 10 or 11 haha 

1 Like
Dugs95 -

Actually, that’s the first pistol I ever shot now that I think about it. 1’x1’ piece of plywood at like 20’..... i was about 10 or 11 haha 

Awesome, glad if that brought back some good memories!  They are great snubs! 

Where are my Smith and Revolver fans at?  The last revolver thread was awesome! 

Anyone have a Taurus 856?  6 shot .38 snub over 5 shot .357 snub yes or no?

I had a .38 S&W snubby back in the mid-90s.  I could not hit the broad side of a barn with it past about 8 feet tho.  Aside from its ease of cary, I wasn't a fan. 

The Mat Pimp -

I had a .38 S&W snubby back in the mid-90s.  I could not hit the broad side of a barn with it past about 8 feet tho.  Aside from its ease of cary, I wasn't a fan. 

Takes time to learn a DA trigger and once u do u will shoot everything better. Though with big hands like I do proper grips are important too but that's an easy change on revolvers so that's a big benefit. 

People that can't shoot revolvers also shoot their glocks way low and left on steel and pretend to be YouTube operators 

DanTheWolfman -
The Mat Pimp -

Takes time to learn a DA trigger and once u do u will shoot everything better. Though with big hands like I do proper grips are important too but that's an easy change on revolvers so that's a big benefit. 

People that can't shoot revolvers also shoot their glocks way low and left on steel and pretend to be YouTube operators 

I believe you, I make no claims to expertise myself.  I actually sold that revolver and bought a 1911 and I could drive nails with that out of the box.  I think some people just have natural proclivity for/aversion to certain firearms. 

The Mat Pimp -
DanTheWolfman -
The Mat Pimp -

I believe you, I make no claims to expertise myself.  I actually sold that revolver and bought a 1911 and I could drive nails with that out of the box.  I think some people just have natural proclivity for/aversion to certain firearms. 

yes....certainly SA is easiest.  

It's ok, just pointing out that I shot pistols my whole life, then when got my first revolver became a much better shooter....grip and trigger press...