Former Justice: Repeal 2nd Amendment

The mask comes off and someone admits what the goal of the March for Our Lives and Everytown USA and all the rest is.

Former Surpeme Court Justice John Paul Stevens calls for the repeal of the Second Amendment.

"It would eliminate the only legal rule that protects sellers of firearms in the United States..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/opinion/john-paul-stevens-repeal-second-amendment.h

I mean, good luck with that.

LOL no.

Also, I fucking LOVE the reaction to this piece all over social media.

Liberals on Saturday: We don't want to ban guns! We want 'common sense gun control'!

Liberals today: Fuck yeah! OMG! Read this!

Ill Portents - All for it.

We need to be able to think critically about this stuff and make logical decisions for the actual world we live in today, rather than running into this wall of "well it's in the Constitution so that's the end of that discussion".

Of course, that's the troll angle you'll take, but I'll bite.

Which other parts of the Constitution would you like to do away with?

Fuck him... He also says that there was never an argument that the 2A was an individual right until the 1960's, that it only applied to the federal and state governments. He's a liberal shill.

Like I've always argued, if the 2A was not an individual right why was the South not disarmed in the aftermath of the Civil War? Surely if ever there was a time to enforce that it only applied to the state and federal governments, it would have been following a failed rebellion... No one has ever been able to give me a rational answer for this.

We need to be able to think critically about this stuff and make logical decisions for the actual world we live in today, rather than running into this wall of "well it's in the Constitution so that's the end of that discussion".

You're trying to hard orcus.

LOL! The Left is not thinking critically. It’s all emotional drivel.

Ill Portents -
eubie5 - 

Well, after Trump, I'd like some limitations on the President so we never have this "the president can't obstruct justice, he can just merrily fire any and everyone who tries to investigate him and it's A-OK" bullshit again.

LMAO

Of course you would. 

amadeus - Fuck him... He also says that there was never an argument that the 2A was an individual right until the 1960's, that it only applied to the federal and state governments. He's a liberal shill.

Like I've always argued, if the 2A was not an individual right why was the South not disarmed in the aftermath of the Civil War? Surely if ever there was a time to enforce that it only applied to the state and federal governments, it would have been following a failed rebellion... No one has ever been able to give me a rational answer for this.

Yep.

And why did they give the right to "the people" instead of the states?

The constitution mentions the states so clearly the framers could distinguish between the people and the states, and they chose to give the right to "the people."

Ill Portents - All for it.

Do you even live in the States? If not keep your opinion to yourself.

lol. the guy is 98 years old. probably not even forming full opinions for himself at this point. 

Ill Portents -
eubie5 - 

Well, after Trump, I'd like some limitations on the President so we never have this "the president can't obstruct justice, he can just merrily fire any and everyone who tries to investigate him and it's A-OK" bullshit again.
Perhaps you prefer a politburo and a chairman instead of Congress and a president ? There are places you can migrate to.

We have a court system based on the fucking Constitution.

Go for it!

im not a gun guy at all. there are many restrictions that I could live with, even though I know many of my right leaning brethren flip out over the idea of them. But anybody who thinks a full repeal is a good idea is out of their damn minds. 

Would be 10x worse than the war on drugs. Use some fucking common sense, and think about what our country would look like with all LEGAL gun ownership banned. 

Ill Portents - 
eubie5 - 

Fascinating.

Anything else?

How about finally making hate speech a felony?

What a moran.

There exists no force in the world capable of removing over 400 million arms from over 3 million sq miles.

Good. Luck.

Ill Portents -
David@accu - 
Ill Portents - All for it.

Do you even live in the States? If not keep your opinion to yourself.

Yes, I do.
What shithole did you migrate from ?

Ill Portents -
fastnotch331 - 
Ill Portents -
eubie5 - 

Perhaps you prefer a politburo and a chairman instead of Congress and a president ? There are places you can migrate to.

Slippery slope, ever heard of it? It's a fallacy, not a legitimate argument.

lol. i hope you have fun with this shit and are not really the joyless curmudgeon you come off as. 

There’s a process already in place to “repeal” the 2nd A. It’s called amendmending the constitution. Have at it. They made it difficult to do for a reason. So over emotional cry babies can’t change it at will.