Former NFL Star to Fight in PRIDE?

Why did he sucker punch Davis?

Supposedly, Davis said something to him which Westbrook needed to avenge. No one has ever revealed what it was.

Westbrook was a major talent, no question. When his game was on, he could play with the best of them. Teams that didn't double cover him paid the price.

He had some bad football field habits though. If the play wasn't to him, he didn't always run his route with a lot of energy. He ended up on the outs with Gus Frerotte (his QB) and Norv Turner (his coach)- although those two were hardly Sonny Jurgensen and Joe Gibbs.

He has been into martial arts for a long time, I think. I remember reading a story long ago about him putting a choke hold on a journalist.

I would say he is almost definitely NOT a pussy. He grew up in a very tough neighborhood. He never made it in the NFL the way he could have, but he was not a pussy.

The way he described the story to me the guy had it coming. Westbrook is a really cool guy and a unbelievable athlete. I feel sorry for his opponent, I am sure he will be in pride before too long

Westbrook is not recognized as a blue belt yet (in BJJ)

Cool to see he is doing MMA now. It will be fun to watch how such an outstanding athlete develops as a fighter.

He is a blue belt, not that means anything. I am a white belt in bjj and I gave him his blue belt so yes he is recognized

My mistake then.I was just going by this on bjj.org

Wager, Nathan (
R
Blue Beltorion
)

Wagner, Mike (
J. Right)
Waidell, Carl (
Charles)
Waldrep, Shawn (
Sucuri, 9/27/2003)
Walker, Joel (
R. Machado)
Walsh, David (
Rickson)
Walsh, Seamus P. (
R. Harris, 9/2003)
Waltman, Jud (
C. Machado)
Wanlass, Chance (
R. Machado)
Washington, Jon (
Carlson Jr.)
Watkins, Steve
Watts, Dion (
Relson)
Weatherford, Tres (
Charles)
Weaver, Mike (
Charles, 1/2000)
Webster, Charles (
Jacaré, 1/1999)
Weisman, Arthur (
C. Valente)
Wellen, Scott (
R. Machado)
Wery, Michael (
Relson)
White, Heather (
Sucuri)
White, James (
Guga)
White, Mike (
Royce, 1/1996)
White, Tony (
Maguilla)
Whitter, Ian (
Royler)
Whoolery, Chad (
R. Machado)
Whoolery, Todd (
R. Machado)
Wilkening, Terry (
P. Brandão)
Williams, Al (
C. Werneck)
Williams, Keith (
Renzo)
Williams, Lee (
Rickson)
Williams, Todd (
P. Brandão)
Winborne, Scott (
Royce, 1997)
Wishart, Jamie (
R. Machado)
Wong, Corwin (
Crosley)
Wong, David (
Charles, 4/2002)
Wong

How old is Westbrook? Did he retire or get cut from the Redskins?

I guess it depends on your definition of a pussy, but it's hard for me to imagine any WR in the NFL being a pussy.

bjj.org doesnt have me on there so it is not always up to date. Some of the instructors they list have no people on there teams listed.

Westbrook could be a major player if he;
A. trains with the right people consistently
B. Takes the right path and does not jump into the big stages too early.

Pride would be smart to set this guy up via some feeder shows to help him develop. Let him fight in KOTC, EFC and some Japanese shopws before feeding him to the big leagues.

Being a champ will be more and more about the management of fighters as this sport grows. Unfortunate but true.

Westbrook was drafted by the Redskins in 1995, so that would make him approximately 31-32 now.

I think he didn't make the team in 2001 when Marty was our coach for one year. He may have played for Cincinnati then for a year. Or maybe he was injured in 2001 and didn't make the team in 2002, I don't remember. He didn't play much for the Skins after 2000 is my recollection.