FORMER UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP, JOSH BARNETT

WOW..

How times have changed. I guess everyone made up.

Props to Dana for being the bigger man...

I'd love to see Josh fight Brock. LOVE

Me too!

On the whole last night the sport felt like it took a step forward in legitimacy.

Production value, the commentating, the recognization of other brands/fighter accomplishments. I think this is the year the UFC takes it yet again to the next level.

^^^this Phone Post

Chris Power - On the whole last night the sport felt like it took a step forward in legitimacy.

Production value, the commentating, the recognization of other brands/fighter accomplishments. I think this is the year the UFC takes it yet again to the next level.
I agree 100%. One of the biggest problems I had with the commentary before was the refusal to acknowledge the existence of mma outside of the UFC,  it was a nice touch and gave it an even more legit feel.

I thought he wanted to fight Ken Flo, for analysing his poor fight performance.... I would love to see the fighter i hate most get his head split open, in a fight, by anyone. Then retire never to be heard from again!

was Josh shown on the broadcast or something? i missed it

Neil Funk - 
Chris Power - On the whole last night the sport felt like it took a step forward in legitimacy.

I agree 100%. One of the biggest problems I had with the commentary before was the refusal to acknowledge the existence of mma outside of the UFC,  it was a nice touch and gave it an even more legit feel.

Rogan used to always prop up other organizations. He isnt a UFC slave. He has his own voice.

war wand - was Josh shown on the broadcast or something? i missed it

They promo'd the Strikeforce turny and mentioned "FORMER UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, JOSH BARNETT".

Did no one else see this?

Felt like big news to me.

The production value for the UFC wasnt really any different, i think the trolls who only looked at it through Strikeforce colored goggled have gone away now that they are the same entity.

Funny to see the UFC promoting Barnett though. Exciting at the same time, even though ive never liked Barnett.

Neil Funk - 

Thats because you don't advertise your competitors. Thats just smart business acumen. Lots of people don't understand that. Remind me never to start a business with any of that crowd

Chimonos Revenge - 

The production value for the UFC wasnt really any different, i think the trolls who only looked at it through Strikeforce colored goggled have gone away now that they are the same entity.

Funny to see the UFC promoting Barnett though. Exciting at the same time, even though ive never liked Barnett.

I still beg to differ. Rogan AND Goldberg both seemed more aware of themselves on Saturday, like they were both ensuring they kept the mistakes to a minimum and that they sounded as professional as possible.

Having that whole Todd Harris/Florian/Bonnar booth to discuss the fights beforehand (On that note, Bonnar sounded like that was one of his better OWN performances as an on-screen personality) was a big difference production-wise.

Everything to me just seemed to go a little more smoothly than usual, and everyone seemed like they were doing their best to keep the goofs to a minimum.

So yeah...I'd disagree.

P.S. If you could respond without painting me with broad strokes and generalized statements insinuating I'm some sort of 'Strikeforce troll' that'd be appreciated, thanks.

Joe has mentioned "japanese MMA" at events for as long as I can remember.  Sure, he never used to call out PRIDE by name, but to say there was "refusal to acknowledge the existance of mma outside of the UFC" is just flat out incorrect.

Business as usual.

Wait, what happened?

Was Josh added to the UFC HW roster?

crosses fingers

PKH -  Business as usual.

Hemlock - Wait, what happened?

Was Josh added to the UFC HW roster?

crosses fingers

While promoting strikeforce next month they referred to him as FORMER UFC CHAMPION.

barnnet beats the holy shite out of swock