Former UFC Title Challenger Ray Borg Signs With Bellator

3 Likes

1 Like

The promotion announced the addition of Borg to the roster on Tuesday. Borg is expected to make his Bellator debut this year, though a date and opponent are currently unknown. It appears that the New Mexico native will compete at 135 pounds in the California-based organziation.

“I am beyond excited and very happy to have signed with Bellator MMA,” Borg said. “I feel like they have the best 135ers in the world and I am very excited to get in there and mix it up with all of them on one of the very biggest stages in the sport.”

The 29-year-old Borg will enter Bellator on a three-bout winning streak. He last appeared at Eagle FC 46, where he captured a split verdict against Bellator vet Ricky Bandejas in March 2022. “The Tazmexican Devil” went 7-5 during a UFC stint where he competed at flyweight and bantamweight. He notably challenged for 125-pound gold at UFC 216, falling to Demetrious Johnson via fifth-round submission.

1 Like

But why though? Who the fuck cares about Borg? I mean I remember he had a lot of issues with his baby daughter, which I am of course sympathetic for, but when was his last win?
His career highlight was getting suplexed to armbarred by the Mini Goat Mighty Mouse.
Someone post that badass gif!

I think it’s a better signing than you realize.

He’s 29, and won 3 straight fights since leaving the UFC. At least 2 of the 3 wins were against solid competition, Cody Gibson & Ricky Bandejas. Plus he left the UFC with a winning record.

2 Likes

Coker does alot of shows. Replenishing the Troops

2 Likes

He’s on a 3 fight win streak and is a UFC vet with a good record. Lol why not? The UFC didnt cut him for losing, they cut him because he kept pulling out of fights.

2 Likes

Good for him….

Has he missed weight yet?

2 Likes
1 Like

Kyoji Horiguchi is getting his wish.

MMA Mania has confirmed with sources that the former RIZIN and Bellator bantamweight titleholder Horiguchi (31-5) will welcome his fellow former UFC contender Ray Borg (16-5) to the promotion at Bellator 295 on April 22 in Honolulu, Hawaii. The bout will take place at 125 pounds. Brett Okamoto was the first to mention the matchup’s possibility.
Borg was signed by Bellator late last month and is wasting no time looking to extend his current winning streak. Since his May 2020 split decision loss to Ricky Simon in UFC (his final fight in the octagon), Borg has won three straight, starting with a UAE Warriors win over Jesse Arnett before defeating Cody Gibson and Ricky Bandejas in Eagle FC.

Horiguchi last fought at RIZIN 40 on New Year’s Eve, returning to flyweight for the first time since April 2017. The event saw Horiguchi pick up a third career win over Hiromasa Ougikubo, winning via a unanimous decision.

2 Likes

Kyogi via strangle

Surprise surprise

1 Like