Formula 1: 2022 OFFICIAL SEASON THREAD

I just wanted to be a contrarian.

1 Like

I like it

1 Like

on the other hand, if Danny is that popular, maybe a team that isn’t very competitive as far as being able to win, would find value in him by gaining fans if they brought him on?
not sure if that makes sense in the world of F1 but maybe try him on a short contract and roll the dice?
I guess this philosophy sort of limits him to the bottom 4 teams only though and doesn’t consider what seats those might even have available. Just a thought.

1 Like

Guess that would depend on the price tag

Anybody need a Leclerc blow up doll?

2 Likes

hard to say. he’s podium material although i agree that he disappears in many races. do you not see him winning even 1 championship if you subbed the current him during hamilton’s consecutive championship run at merc? merc was so ahead of everyone and i think he’s better than bottas, who i like better as a person.

1 Like

it would depend on which business is sponsoring him.

Nico mops the floor with him…Lando vs Bottas would be a fun battle

well he’s definitely more likeable. i like his rimac car, it’s pretty sick.

2 Likes

@Charliemma :joy:

1 Like

Where is this?

1 Like

Rome.

1 Like

Yeah, that thing was pretty over the top.

1 Like

I can’t see the post your ripping me on? What did I say that’s so funny this time? :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I was just showing you this post:

1 Like

Ah, okey! :rofl:…. It didn’t load on my phone!

To be fair you got me, I have a cupboard full for Ferrari merchandise! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You would think no team would fail to understand that signing Riccardo at this point is not acquisition of a top driver, but rather taking on a reclamation project.

If I were running a F1 team with an open seat, I’d sign the available driver that I think has the best chance of being/becoming championship caliber. So it would depend on my valuation of available F1 prospects, as well as who I expect to be available the next year, because if I tried Ric it would be a one-year deal, at least on my end.

Point being that while I understand a Ric signing appearing pointless, he’s been very good with two teams out of three, and with Piastri spoken for there may not be any available prospects who bring a better chance at young-Ric pace than Ric himself, and he’s been a lot better than Ocon under much the same team as Alpine is now. So as much as he looks like damaged goods, I can see why the team might be inclined to give it a shot.

I’d do a deep scouting dive on Pato O’Ward if I were them, because I like him as a fan and I’d love to poach a McLaren star at Alpine if I could after the Piastri embarrassment, lol. No Indy driver has been seen as worth signing by a F1 team for some time though.

4 Likes

No. His salary is closer to 15 million.
If he gets a seat somewhere else they dont have to pay him nearly as much

LOL. A 3rd? Not even close dude

Danny is toast.

3 Likes