Formula 1- 2024 Official Thread

LFG BOYS!

4 Likes

I am ready for testing. Damn, we need someone

3 Likes

Pre-season testing for will begin on 21 February in Bahrain. There will be three days of testing ahead of the first grand prix the following week.

Iā€™m not a big fan of testing being held at the same track as the first race, but at least the teams only have a week before the first race to solve any issues.

4 Likes

I want rain

I wanna see Max win by 75 seconds and absolutely crush everyoneā€™s hopes early in the year

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure everyoneā€™s hopes will be crushed by the end of the first day of testingā€¦ :grimacing:

2 Likes

New Newey vs Merc starting from scratch? :rofl:

1 Like

They went from the no-pod 2022 car to the no-win 2023 car.

Canā€™t wait to see what 2024 brings!

They canā€™t make a no-tears car because theyā€™d have to lose Lewis and George and then Toto and Totette would have to drive.

3 Likes

This is all I want to see. F1 has turned into background TV while I do other stuff. The fight for 3rd doesnā€™t excite me at all.

3 Likes

I picked up F1 23 during the steam Sale for 20 bucks so Iā€™ve been tooling around in that, itā€™s pretty fun. I might try to synch up a Career season during the regular F1 season. Also, I suck at it.

3 Likes

Probably my most played game all year. Its not quite iracing sim but its way more fun to play.

5 Likes

Is it true the car physics is a big improvement and more sim like over the previous versions?

3 Likes

Night and day difference. 2022 was almost an arcade game in comparison. This is way closer to a real sim. Mechanically its closer to iracing than it is to its 2022 iteration.

Just keep in mind I only play ranked and time trial, I know nothing about teh single player career modes. They might suck.

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to grab it in the sales as well.

1 Like

Career is pretty good, itā€™s customizable for your skill level, you can tweak AI and turn on whatever assists you want.

I tool around on a controller so itā€™s not really a sim for me anyway but itā€™s pretty well done

3 Likes

This might be something that everyone already knows and does but when I was playing on a controller one thing that catapulted my skill level forward is using the stick as a steering wheel. Meaning, I never move the stick left to right, I always hold it up and rotate like a wheel.

3 Likes

I didnā€™t even think of that. That makes a lot of sense - Iā€™m gonna try that for sure

2 Likes

The only way to not suck is to keep sucking until you donā€™t!

Turning off assists early helps avoid bad habits and youā€™re better for it in the end.

4 Likes

Very different, much improved.

4 Likes

That sounds like it would take awhile to get used to

1 Like