Forrest Griffin Already Back In The Gym

As an Org you should ask them to make the effort because of the additional press possibilities for all parties.

But you cannot force a contract employee to do something outside their contract.

You have an EXPECTATION. They have NO OBLIGATION. Taking money contractually obligated from the org to the fighter for something that is an expectation is wrong. They are unrelated issues.

ACEhole -  depending on the particular contracts, there are many instances where a fighter is required to do post fight interviews, appearences, and other things of the sort. it would not be an 'out of the norm' thing at all.

Exactly.  If Forrest and Gina were contractually obligated to stick around after losing a fight, they would either have been there or been docked.  If they were not obligated then they have every right to leave right afterwards.

guardbr8kr -  

Good work.

Losing a fight and not doing interviews is alot different than losing at basketball and not doing interviews the fact you cant see that is well...not that surprising.

NOOB

JOB - 
jjj2121 - 
Who gives a shit about basketball? It's more popular than MMA.

Maybe in America. Not here. It's irrelevant.

jjj2121 -
There are definitely legal grounds where they can be fined

Ok then - What are the legal grounds?

jjj2121 -
the second that the UFC decides they've had enough of guys bailing postfight (not that it's a widespread issue, but it's happened twice in primetime fights in the last 2 weeks) and decide to put it into the contract.

So there is no legal grounds? Fine, we're done. Forrest cannot and should not be fined. End of discussion. Your inability to understand the mindframe of someone who's just suffered a loss in a fight, and why that would affect their ability to be sociable is quite staggering.

jjj2121 -
Grow up with the vulgarity, we can be on opposite sides of a discussion without that crap, are you 10?

Fair enough.

What I am trying to say is that the UFC should add that to the standard contract, and they would have every legal right to do so. I'm not saying Forrest should be fined for bailing on 101, because it was not in his contract to my knowledge. I'm talking about moving forward.

Adding this to contracts would prevent this sort of amateur behavior, I mean really...running out of the cage back to the dressing room? It doesn't get much more embarrassing than that. And I'm talking about main eventers and co-main eventers only, those are the ones who are getting compensated the most and are promoted the hardest.

If you don't like it, exercise the miniscule bit of power that you have and don't watch his fights. Hit him with your fleck of dust in his pocketbook.

Because that's the reality. You're one of millions of potential viewers, and your opinion about his post-fight obligations might be fun to get all righteous about on a message board, but it's worth almost nothing in the real world. He'll do what he wants, and he'll draw a sh*tload of viewers at his next fight regardless. And you'll probably be one of the viewers.

The reality is that Forrest has the luxury of doing whatever he wants, and the joke is on all these crybaby fans who think they are actually owed something. Guess what? You're a set of eyeballs and a potential buyer of advertiser products and nothing more. Your forty bucks entitles you to watch four hours of programming and while eating cheetos. That's it. So turn off the TV and REALLY punish him. That'll show him.

Crazy Zimmerman - 
ACEhole -  depending on the particular contracts, there are many instances where a fighter is required to do post fight interviews, appearences, and other things of the sort. it would not be an 'out of the norm' thing at all.

Exactly.  If Forrest and Gina were contractually obligated to stick around after losing a fight, they would either have been there or been docked.  If they were not obligated then they have every right to leave right afterwards.

My point is they should be in all contracts if you are in a main event or co-main event. People want to hear what you have to say postfight. I am NOT advocating fining Forrest or Gina for hiding postfight at their recent fights, because to my knowledge they weren't contractually obligated to do so. It is my opinion that they should be unless they are unable to for medical reasons.

jjj2121 - Forrest is the CO MAIN EVENT, a huge part of the show's promotion was around him. He gets beat, runs away, bails on the post fight press conference, and has no comment about the fight?

Lebron ran and hid after the Cavs lost in the NBA Playoffs and he got absolutely killed in the media.

You're an idiot. They are obligated to fight and thats it. They don't have to attend anything post fight and it's certainly not part of what your ticket or PPV buy $ goes to, so why do you care? You just want to see a broken down fighter so you can point and laugh at there expense. Please go off yourself.

2JupitersTooMany - If you don't like it, exercise the miniscule bit of power that you have and don't watch his fights. Hit him with your fleck of dust in his pocketbook.

Because that's the reality. You're one of millions of potential viewers, and your opinion about his post-fight obligations might be fun to get all righteous about on a message board, but it's worth almost nothing in the real world. He'll do what he wants, and he'll draw a sh*tload of viewers at his next fight regardless. And you'll probably be one of the viewers.

The reality is that Forrest has the luxury of doing whatever he wants, and the joke is on all these crybaby fans who think they are actually owed something. Guess what? You're a set of eyeballs and a potential buyer of advertiser products and nothing more. Your forty bucks entitles you to watch four hours of programming and while eating cheetos. That's it. So turn off the TV and REALLY punish him. That'll show him.

Wha? I'm a Forrest fan, love watching him fight. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion on his childish postfight behavior of taking his ball and running home, locking himself in his room.

Moving on

and LOL at nobodies thinking they are enlightened about what the UFC should add to fighters' contracts. We're talking fans of fighters here who actually want to burden fighters with more obligations so they can put on a post-fight puppet show.

How about you watch the fights and leave it to the big boys to determine whether they are going to lose your $40 if they don't drag fighters up to a microphone so they can look defeated and mumble for you for five minutes.

Hemlock - Moving on

Is she hiding a pepperoni under her left breast?

Honestly, I don't think their bailing after the fight is a big deal. Expecially Gina, where she stayed around for the results, but just not the post fight interview. Having said that, though, JJJ is making some good points. He says that if orgs started fining fighters for that kind of stuff it would end most of it, and I have to say I think he's right. I'm not advocating that myself, but given the context of what he's saying, he is correct. imo.

2JupitersTooMany - and LOL at nobodies thinking they are enlightened about what the UFC should add to fighters' contracts. We're talking fans of fighters here who actually want to burden fighters with more obligations so they can put on a post-fight puppet show.

How about you watch the fights and leave it to the big boys to determine whether they are going to lose your $40 if they don't drag fighters up to a microphone so they can look defeated and mumble for you for five minutes.

Hold on, we're not allowed to have an opinion on how something should be done to prevent embarrassments like having main event fighters run away out of the cage and avoiding all media postfight? Really?

jjj2121 - 

What I am trying to say is that the UFC should add that to the standard contract, and they would have every legal right to do so. I'm not saying Forrest should be fined for bailing on 101, because it was not in his contract to my knowledge. I'm talking about moving forward.

Adding this to contracts would prevent this sort of amateur behavior, I mean really...running out of the cage back to the dressing room? It doesn't get much more embarrassing than that. And I'm talking about main eventers and co-main eventers only, those are the ones who are getting compensated the most and are promoted the hardest.

So you've completely not taken onboard anything I've said about the impact a loss can do to someone? You completely disregard that someone might just not to talk after being humiliated in front of millions of people?

jjj2121 - "Wha? I'm a Forrest fan, love watching him fight. Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have an opinion on his childish postfight behavior of taking his ball and running home, locking himself in his room."

A person is entitled to his or her KKM opinion. My post was about its value in teh real world.

It's not enough that a guy trains his ass off for months and then puts himself in front of the fists and knees of one of the best p4p fighters in the world. Some greedy "fans" want him to continue dancing for them after its all over. And that expectation, when viewed in light of that viewers actual power as a consumer, is funny, sad, embarassing, emasculating, and so on.

Again, have your opinion. It's an embarassing opinion.

I just can't believe people actually care about this.  99% of post-fight interviews are absolutely miserable and just a complete waste of time.

Joe:  So you punched him hard and he went down, talk us through this ending.

Whoever:  Yeah I landed a punch, trained that one, and knew he felt the power.

Are you kidding me?  I get so psyched when I see there's no post-fight interview, I just want to get onto the next fight.

Hemlock - Moving on

Holy shit Batman!

When a human being wants to impose his or her expectations on another, it's completely relevant who that person is, and what they are entitled to. Posters complaining about Forrest need to be reminded of their station in the world, and the value of their complaints.

You aren't owed anything. At the most, you're a potential consumer. So your opinion, regardless of how entitled you are to have it and express it, is comedically trajic.

We're talking about faceless viewers who have the nerve to paint a high-level MMA fighter as a b*tch for expressing disappointment and wanting seclusion. When you consider the source, it's full of sad irony. So have your opinion, but you look ridiculous doing it.