Forrest "Rape is the new missionary" is cool tho?

What about when Forrest Griffin tweeted

"Rape is like the new missionary."

that was all good???

but Miguel Torres tweets the phrase "rape van"

and hes released ?

---Rape tweets by ufc fighters.... How do they work?

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin recently won $5000 for having one of the "most creative" tweets as judged by the promotion's new Twitter contest. The rules are fairly simple: Dazzle your followers with humor and innovative tweets, score some cash.

On the heels of his winning performance, maybe Griffin felt it was time to up the ante. Or perhaps he had an error in judgement. Then again, maybe he just tried to be witty and bombed.

Whatever the case, his Nov. 8 tweet that read "Rape is the new missionary" went over like the proverbial lead balloon.

Probably not the best way to connect with your fans as the promotion gears up for its first-ever network television debut with UFC on FOX: "Velasquez vs. Dos Santos" on Nov. 12 in Anaheim, California. And the timing couldn't have been worse, now that most of the sports media is focused on the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse scandal.

Griffin, who promptly deleted the tweet when he was "unfollowed" by a fan, continues to receive a public spanking. Yahoo Sports called for a donation to a rape-victim charity, while Huffington Post got huffy and questioned the "Ultimate Fighter's" view on women.

Then there was this article by ESPN, which sparked a heated reaction from its readers:

Forrest Griffin rape comment on Twitter sparks speech debate between media and fans 

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/11/10/2551734/forrest-griffin-rape-comment-on-twitter-sparks-speech-debate-between

Forrest also stopped after getting negative replies. Phone Post

He even donated to a charity. Phone Post

yeah that big white guy is mexican supertrollo?

They explained what Forrest was saying and it made sense, this doesnt.

Rashad/Torres is the double standard, not so much forrest imo.

This isnt the first time Torres said something stupid.

he said 99 no's and 1 yes is still a yes

your mouth says no but my roofies say yes.

So this isnt the first dumb thing he has said about rape, whether they are tv show lines or not you cant expect everyone to know a line come from Always Sunny, its just stupid.

Torres should get another shot but these fighters should know better.

Ya Mon -  Lol at Trolo! Ha ha ha. People are way to freaking sensitive. No one should care about a stupid joke. Hypocrisy increases daily. Joking about it is not promoting it. Phone Post

"ok im sorry, and i take back the supertrollo comment, it was all in fun and meant no harm." - me

now Dana can i have my spot in the UFC back please?

Pretty pathetic when this is what people are complaining about in the world, HE tweeted rape......OMG

We don't know what Torres said when Dana called him about it. Phone Post