Forrest vs Tito was not close...

Lol @ Petey's fight analyis, funny shit (in a good way)..and by DRAW you mean leave it at that?

At the end of the day, people expected to see Tito thrash Forrest until the ref had to jump in to save Forrest from permanent injury. It didn't go down that way at all. Think about how you would judge the fight if both these guys were unknown to you. Tito won. Forrest did well.

That fight was close, no way was that a 10 - 8 first round, forest won round 2, and three was very very close with forest pushing the action. Was this fight close and I say very.

"and three was very very close with forest pushing the action. Was this fight close and I say very. "

At not time other then the last 20 seconds of the third round was Forrest pushing the action... for the first 14:40 he was all defense, a lot of aggresive posturing from across the ring or outside Tito's range, but in the actual fight hell no. He was afrai to commit to punches because he was afraid to gt taken down, and all he did was try to avoid takedowns, he never once tried to take advantage of a failed takedown with anything offensive, he just got out of range as quick as possible.

Not sure how round three was close, Tito lands the better punchs, Tito controls the pace, Tito gets the takdown, Forrest gets up with less then 30 seconds left and lands 1 punch. Pushing the action for the last 20 seconds and landing 1 punch does not = pushing the action in the round, the other 4:40 count and they were ALL Tito.

If this was a fight between two random guys we would not be having any debate other then how could this possibly not be a unanimous discussion.

The original poster is correct.

I guess Forrest acting like a crazed maniac just because he was still able to continue earned him something. It's the new point system. Get up and act crazy between round for bonus points.

but everyone who watched this fight with us on Saturday basically felt that Tito won the fight on the first round alone

Just goes to show how ignorant your crowd is

"I mean if he had landed all those elbows and punches while they were standing, and opened him up like that, I think people would definately say 10-8."

Indeed. And that kind of busy work needs to be rewarded. If you give 10-8's like that on the ground it'll encourage action. If you then weight sub opportunities a bit better as well, you'd see much more dynamic ground fighting.

Jack is a Tito hater from way back.

Absolutely a first round can mean a lot. Particularly from that point if your opponent is only surviving. I'm amazed so many people see surviving as a moral victory. If you can't play your game, then you lose I'm afraid, you want to change it up into boring/survival mode to compete, well bad luck, you don't deserve points.

Round 2/3 only seemed close because Forrest wasnt being abused as bad as in the first.

Tito was landing cleaner punches and did excellent defensively.

If not for the posturing by Forrest between rounds there was not alot to like about Forrests fight other then he was able to take the beating.

Simply being active and avoiding takedowns doesnt win fights. Tito did more damage, landed the cleaner punches on the feet, owned what their was of a ground game... and easily won the fight.

Who would have thought a gassed, injured tito would outbox Forrest? Not that Forrest is anything other then a scrapper, but it says alot when Tito is more effective then you on the feet while he is sucking wind and moving on a bum limb.

Only really Chuck has beaten Tito on their feet. Reminds you how well Tito did against Silva (minus the running incident of course).

Jack your an obvious troll but I'll bite. The guys I was watching this with were far from ignorant and by saying he won it on the first round alone they meant he did so much damge in that round even if he didn't win the other two contested(by some) rounds, he won the fight. Take out the rounds and judge the overall fight(I know, I know, it's not done this way) was it really a close fight?

Oh and count punches in RD 2 that were landed. Almost dead even, so Tito's connect % must of been more than double Forrest's but he lost the round? Why, cause you love Forrest or hate Tito.

Only really Chuck has beaten Tito on their feet. Reminds you how well Tito did against Silva (minus the running incident of course).

yeah, at one point tito was a banger standing up. he didnt seem nervous at all to mix it up on his feet his first couple fights.

i rewatched the first mezger fight the other day and tito was going at him striking and had him rocked a couple times.

How was the first round not a 10-8???When Tito fought Randy Bravo scored a 10-8 for Randy and he never did anything to Tito like Tito did to Forrest in that round so how does that logic make sense to people?Tito dominated the first round for an easy 10-8 and the second was a draw because neither did anything really.The third round Tito landed more and better strikes and Forrest threw weak arm punches to Tito's arms so he gets nothing.Outclassed and beaten by a guy with two ligament tears in his knee.