MMA Underground Forums

Forrest's New Blog Now Up!

Ray Jackson - 

I really can't wait until Rampage gives Forrest the ultimate butt-whooping he so richly deserves.

Forrest is tough, but he'll get smoked by any championship-level fighter out there who comes to the fight in proper condition...mentallly and physically.

I like Rampage, but it's comments like this that really, really make me want to see Forrest put a "butt-whooping" on him. 

I don't know who's going to win...I think it's going to be a great fight and I think Forrest is going to do much better than most of you give him credit for being capable of doing. 

>>>

forrest was the cool class clown guy, until rampage came. now forrest is uptight, and seems kinda jealous of a funnier, higher named, higher billing fight in rampage.

makes me think he is resentful that forrest is not the Cool kid on the Block on TUF anymore. you can see that's there's underlying tension between the two. they both like to take jabs and makes jokes, but for some reason forrest is not his same funny self when he is around rampage. might be intimidation, idk.

i can see how it can all boil over and they get into a confrontation. plkus at the UFN they were kinda dissing on each other.

like i said beofre, i just want to see who knocks who out on the show.

Forrest seems like the same guy to me...he still jokes around...he just seems more focused on being a coach rather than the funny guy.  I think he and Rampage seem pretty relaxed around each other, considering that they have a big fight coming up...so far, they seem to get along much better than most of the coaches who have been on the show. 

Actually, looking at the previews, Rampage seems to be the more tense and angry guy, imo. 

"Damn you Cepeda!

...you're making me look STUPID!!!!"

lol, no I'm not. Thanks for posting on the thread brother

Good to know Mix :-)

"That's true. But it just so happens that Tito really was badly hurt going into that fight and his cardio and mobility weren't the same. And he still punished Forrest until he got tired. And i give him credit for the Shogun fight. But that wasn't the same Shogun who fought in Pride and everyone knows it."

You know how you find out about all these injuries, etc?  When Tito fights like crap, or Rua loses, then the excuses come out.  Forrest was limping and had his ankle taped up until the Tito fight and his back was so tweaked, it would take him and hour to get up in the mornings.   He told me abuot how much pain just to throw a punch.  But he never talked about it.

And for Rua, his shoulder was so bad his personal Dr didn't want him to fight.  And he had a lengthy surgery after that fight where they went in 5 different places on his shoulder.  Again, you'd only know about it if you saw him with it all wrapped up in a sling, or months later when someone asked him about it. 

Jacaré just talked about Forrest's BJJ for God's sake, lol.  If they wanted to include him with Randy, Silva, Jacare, Drysdale, maybe we should just wait and see.   The best Forrest is yet to come.

Read the blog and it makes perfect sense.  Riddle was tough as hell and fought great.  I agree with not taking out the weakest first.  Very bold fight picks imo.

I have the utmost respect for both Tito Ortiz and Shogun but I think Frank is correct in saying that essentially Griffin's injuries are simply less well publicized.

The more you are around this sport the more you realize that just about all of these fighters are injured all the time, and you learn to not take credit away from anyone for performances in the ring no matter what.

Did Ortiz deserve credit for fighting injured? Absolutely. Did Griffin deserve credit for fighting injured? Absolutely.