Forrest's next opponent?

Ariel did an interview with Forrest and they talked about his next fight. Ariel said he knew who Forrest's next opponent was, but didn't want to go on the record about it. Now nearly every major LHW is locked up in a fight:

-Randy Couture vs. Mark Coleman (UFC 109)
-Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader (UFC 110)
-Brandon Vera vs. Jon Jones (UFN)
-Shogun vs. Machida (UFC 113)
-Rashad vs. Rampage (spring 2010)
-Tito vs. Chuck (June 2010)

Franklin is getting surgery soon and Antônio Rogério Nogueira has a broken ankle. Who could it be? Would the UFC be crazy enough to do Forrest vs. Kimbo?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/01/05/forrest-griffin-talks-tito-ortiz-secret-weapons-and-being-popul/

Matt Hamill, Luiz Cane, Thiago Silva??

Oh, damn, Hamill sounds dead on.

Damon Killian - Matt Hamill, Luiz Cane, Thiago Silva??

I think all three beat Forrest at this point and that makes me sad as a fan. His chin is too weak, no power and he fights very stupid.

Hamill is out until the summer w/medical suspension from Jones fight.

Luiz Cane should become available soon, since his KO loss to Lil Nog

Thiago SIlva would be my choice for Forrest.  It will either move Thiago back up the ladder, or move Forrest back up the ladder, it makes the most sense.

epwar - Ariel did an interview with Forrest and they talked about his next fight. Ariel said he knew who Forrest's next opponent was, but didn't want to go on the record about it. Now nearly every major LHW is locked up in a fight:

Franklin is getting surgery soon and Antônio Rogério Nogueira has a broken ankle. Who could it be? Would the UFC be crazy enough to do Forrest vs. Kimbo?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/01/05/forrest-griffin-talks-tito-ortiz-secret-weapons-and-being-popul/

Franklin hasn't fought in 3 months, and is only now about to get surgery?

Franklin-Griffin would be the best PPV seller, and would be a good matchup for both guys

^^ I have wanter to see Forrest/Franklin for awhile.  Maybe its just me but it seems like it has great potential to be an exciting fight.

Thiago Silva would be best. I'd actually like to see that fight.

Thiago Silva will murder him. As much as I like Forrest. Thiago is a beast.

Thiago Silva please....

Yeah, but Forrest is coming off a big win and Silva is coming off a big loss. Wouldn't make sense.

Hardcharger - 
epwar - Ariel did an interview with Forrest and they talked about his next fight. Ariel said he knew who Forrest's next opponent was, but didn't want to go on the record about it. Now nearly every major LHW is locked up in a fight:

Franklin hasn't fought in 3 months, and is only now about to get surgery?

Franklin-Griffin would be the best PPV seller, and would be a good matchup for both guys

franklin isn't that big of a draw and same goes for forrest. they would have to put that fight on a card that is already good.

Franklin v Forrest would be a great fight, but it would be hard to root against ethier guy as they are both very likeable.

Forrest v Thiago would not bode well for Forrest IMO as Griffen likes to stand and bang and would be laid out.  Now if Forrest went in with a game plan to GNP and Wall n' Stall Thiago, he might get the win.  But I don't see this fight happening any time soon as Thiago will most likely be out until his back heals up. 

GIJOEjiujitsu - 
epwar - Oh, damn, Hamill sounds dead on.

i see what you did there

Ha, legit LOL as I didn't intend that at all. Good catch.

I'd put my money on the fact that it will be Thiago Silva.