Forum member who named child "Evan Tanner"?

I remember a few years ago there was a forum member who had named their child "Evan Tanner". Anyone remember who it was and if they still post here?

ttt

He posted yesterday about it, I don't remember the title.

I remember that.

He even met Evan and told him about naming their child after him. IIRC he was kinda like"OK"

I had the same issue when we found out we were having a boy. we got to see Evan fight in personat ufc 18 we were both big fans after that. she liked evan tanner, I liked tanner b/c of the kid from the original bad news bears. she picked Evan and I picked Chistopher in the end

CHEERS EVAN, R.I.P.

That was forum members churrle and wifeys' son.

I name all my pets after athletes!

A little weird, yes, but it isn't like he picked Rambo as a name or something. That kid can very easily go through life as Evan (middle name Tanner, which works as a middle name), without anyone going, "WHAT? Your parents named you Evan?"

Not like his name is blanket, pilot inspector, apple, or some crazy shit.

On the scale of fucked up fathers, I don't think this alone is proof he has a problem.

If you beat your kid and name him Ryan Seacrest, you are fucked up. But just naming him Ryan Seacrest, that only qualifies you as weird.

If the name Picabo Street can eventually sound normal when you hear it, then I think this guy will live with Evan Tanner _____ (whatever his last name is).

My real name is Mike Smith, so I would take just about anything over that.

COREY GET OFFLINE NOW!!

Haha churlle is a nice guy. For a mormon. Jk.

When I was pregnant, we knew we were having a girl, and of the names we were throwing around, there was Evania and Evelyn, and I have to be honest, Evan Tanner was in the back of my mind when coming up with those names... We ended up calling her Evelyn. I have a file of potential names for future babies, and Tanner's been in there for a boy for a long time, and it's going to remain there.

had a dog named tanner

Named my son Rickson. I wanted it as a middle name and his mom liked it as a 1st. My grandmother asked why we would do that to him knowing that everyone would call him RICKson. I responded w/, "he will just have to correct them and tell them thats not his name just like I had to tell the teacher that I wasnt a girl all those years the 1st day of class when they called for attendance. Sheeeet you named me Tracy and didnt care, why worry now?"

Yes my son does levitate, has an aura about him, and although he is only 3 Rickson owns the greatest poker face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 world series of poker despite him holding just a joker, a 2 of clubs, a 7 of spades, and a green number 4 from Uno, a monopoly get out of jail free card, and an hombre de arana trading card.

*edited for Spanish spelling of Spider Man, his favorite super hero besides papi.

I see no problem whatsoever with this.

ArtVandelay -  Good point GA.  We will have to agree to disagree as I see this different than naming a goldfish Evan Tanner. 

Are you calling me a goldfish? I have killed men for less.

Yep, it was forum brother c hurrle. His "time to wash your penis, Evan" thread was one of the most disturbing in forum history not to end in criminal prosecution.

ttt

I don't think it's unusual for people to name their children after famous people who they are inspired by. How many Thomas Jefferson (Last Names) are there?

My wife was pressuring me for a name for my second son at about four months. I told her ok, whoever is 5th in the American League in RBI one month from today, that's the name the kid will have. Hence, my son's name is Garrett (for Garret Anderson). We dodged a bullet when I look back on it, though. Number 4 was Vladimir Guerrero and Number 6 was Hideki Matsui. She asked what we would have done in that case. My response: "Rules is rules."

I wonder about giving an American kid a non-english pronunciation for his name, though. Particularly when I have been told that the "H" sound for "Rs" at the start of a word is a regional pronunciation even in Brazil.

I named my daughter Billie Jean, I'm a big Michael Jackson fan. We call her B.J. for short.

Ocho Cinco

GMan99 - My wife was pressuring me for a name for my second son at about four months. I told her ok, whoever is 5th in the American League in RBI one month from today, that's the name the kid will have. Hence, my son's name is Garrett (for Garret Anderson). We dodged a bullet when I look back on it, though. Number 4 was Vladimir Guerrero and Number 6 was Hideki Matsui. She asked what we would have done in that case. My response: "Rules is rules."

LMAO, she couldn't just throw some darts blindfolded at the phone directory? I applaud your wife's hands-off approach!