Found first edition second printing gone w wind

![](upload://usY1f2YtUHWADVWbzUP7h2XSF06.jpeg)

Been finding hidden things in this house since I moved in...this one is cool. 

1 Like

![](upload://xXN6qMPRzYoW7NHScZaXbsgrcxu.jpeg)

![](upload://61hyGExx0FHVowGN6NE7VRCuAk8.jpeg)

review from 1936 inside 

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

10 Likes
CuddleBug -

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Fucking beautiful champ! 

You win for the day

That’s pretty cool. It’s in rough shape, so probably not super valuable, but is a great addition to any bookshelf. 

Nice.

My local library has a little closet/ room where they sell books for a dollar or two. Good books. And someone has been donating first editions for a while now. Over the last four years, I have found a first edition To Kill a Mockingbird, a first edition Jurassic Park, Silence of the Lambs, and The World According to Garp. The Mockingbird is worth a few hundred and the others are worth somewhere between $50 to $100.

1 Like

Just as bad as Mein Kampf. You need to burn it.

2 Likes

Send me that shit.

I Know this gal named Rebecca who can give you a good idea as to its worth.  She owns a rare bookstore. 

I’ll take it off your hands. I love the book. 

Why would a second printing say "nine printings" on the jacket? Jacket from a different copy?

1 Like

Just owning that makes you a racist nowadays.

Hilarious that people are willing to pay more money for a book just because it was printed earlier. Might be the stupidest shit next to collecting photos of sports stars on thin cardboard. It's all the same text. All the same words. The same plot and story. It's just older paper and some dumbasses are willing to pay more for it. 

baj54 - 

Hilarious that people are willing to pay more money for a book just because it was printed earlier. Might be the stupidest shit next to collecting photos of sports stars on thin cardboard. It's all the same text. All the same words. The same plot and story. It's just older paper and some dumbasses are willing to pay more for it. 

Do you understand the concept of supply and demand?

The scarcity of a commodity will equate to value if there is demand for the commodity. First printing edition of books are rarer than later printings, and as such, their rarity equates to higher value.

And that’s one to grow on.

Racer X -

Why would a second printing say "nine printings" on the jacket? Jacket from a different copy?

I really don’t know tbh. It’s def legit though. I looked up how to tell. 

Val Larralde -

I Know this gal named Rebecca who can give you a good idea as to its worth.  She owns a rare bookstore. 

From what I can tell it’s worth somewhere between 150-400 doll hairs 

baj54 -

lolololololol  what a poor attempt at a troll.

i love cool things like this

the paper for the book review is in pretty good shape for it’s year