Fox hurting the UFC??

I think the UFC leaving Spike has hurt them. Being on a full sports channel I don't think taps the majority of it's audience. I think I capture a large percentage of MMA fans when I say we really don't watch the traditional sports.

On Spike they would capture people watching Bar or Tattoo shows, people who likely don't watch Fox Sports. Whereas the traditional sport fans don't really fancy the UFC and thusly not gaining new viewers.

Just my opinion on why viewership has been significantly reduced. Phone Post 3.0

51 views and no one has an opinion on this? I thought this would generate a lot of intelligent discussion. Phone Post 3.0

I think jumping around from network to network has hurt them.

Ace5002 - 51 views and no one has an opinion on this? I thought this would generate a lot of intelligent discussion. Phone Post 3.0

You come to the UG for intelligent discussion?

Lol making a lot of sweeping generalizations there aren't you? Phone Post

Seems legit, I know personally ill maybe watch some hockey here and there but like you say I wouldn't consider myself a sports fan I'm a fight fan Phone Post 3.0

It isn't all about ratings. I'd be shocked if the deal they had with Spike payed them more than the deal they now have with FOX.

Phone Post 3.0

Wait the same amount of time and then judge.. They were on spike for 6 years, I'm totally guessing, but still.. Phone Post

R00STER - Lol making a lot of sweeping generalizations there aren't you? Phone Post
Yes, but I'm basing that on my large circle of friends and people I train with. Most typically don't watch other sports. Spike caters to the rebellious Alpha Males who are a little more cutting edge and Outsider like than those who watch traditional sports.

Traditional sports fans aren't really who watch UFC. Spike was the perfect channel for gaining viewers for the UFC IMO. Phone Post 3.0

Why were all the other replies deleted? Weird.. Phone Post 3.0

This app is weird and showed just my two posts in the thread lol. Phone Post 3.0

Conspiracy ground. Phone Post

Perhaps the Fox deal is more lucrative financially for the UFC in that aspect, but I bet there were a lot of folk (lessMMAeducated fans) who associated Spike with fights and now probably no longer watch UFC events, and may no longer buy PPV's because they dont see them advertised on Spike. Phone Post 3.0

The point wasn't a complaint, more of an idea as to why UFC ppv and TV card numbers have been lower since the move. Phone Post 3.0

There's a lot of in-depth discussion about it in this thread actually.

Yes, the Fox deal may be better for Fox than the UFC, but as a whole there's a lot more upside for the UFC dealing with Fox than there is for them continuing to deal with Spike. On the downside shifting their product around from Spike to FX/Fuel to FS1 has cause a lot of audience erosion that will take a while to make up even with free shows on Big Fox. The deal probably needs to be renegotiated for more shows on Big Fox.

I would watch the UFC even if it were on the HSN.... Phone Post 3.0

It'll take a while to get used to the new network. I spent a half hour searching for FS2 the other day to watch prelims. I almost gave up. I always knew where Spike was.

mrwhipple - Don't know if this is true, but someone pointed out how the UFC's big growth periods (2005-2006 and 2008-2010) coincided with the UFC having major competition in the form of first PRIDE and then CBS/Showtime with Elite XC and Strikeforce, and that their downturns in 2007 and 2011 coincide with the buying out of that competition.

So bellator succeeding is essential to the ufc!

Mind = blown! Phone Post

Thanks Chromium. I hope that it turns into something great, but I am a skeptical hippo is skeptical with Fox Sports Phone Post 3.0