Fox offers UFC 200 million for broadcasting rights

Gullivers Travels -

Is this for exclusive rights or combo, like MMALogic reported previously?

It’s for the current package... I never said it was for something else... I said that would have to be part of the negotiations.

Is the $200 million offer still with the UFC doing 12-13 PPVs a year?

I really don’t see how they get $450 million unless they split it between two buyers and also drop PPV entirely.

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/december-cable-carriage-estimates-espn-million-homes.html

ESPN dropped an estimated 100,000 subscribers from November to December, 274,000 from August to December, and 916,000 since February. FS1 has lost an estimated 775,000 since February.
cuttooth -

http://awfulannouncing.com/espn/december-cable-carriage-estimates-espn-million-homes.html

ESPN dropped an estimated 100,000 subscribers from November to December, 274,000 from August to December, and 916,000 since February. FS1 has lost an estimated 775,000 since February.

Anything to do with the Spectrum/Viacom shit that went down? 

Supposedly the additional boxing content that Endeavor (separate from UFC) is going to begin creating late next year could get bundled into an offering of television rights. My guess is that Endeavor won’t go it alone but will partner with some sort of existing boxing entity.

I wonder if this news could effect the deal.

The Faber Report

Disney and Fox are closing in on deal, could be announced next week: Sources

Talks have progressed and a deal could be announced as early as next week, sources tell CNBC.

The enterprise value of the Fox assets in the deal is seen as more than $60 billion.

Fox would sell movie and television production assets and keep its news, sports and broadcast network.</p>

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disney-and-fox-are-closing-in-on-deal-could-be-announced-next-week--sources.html

^ Possibly, yes. If FOX is truly selling all of their RSNs to Disney then it makes me question their commitment to sports programming long term, even if they keep FS1. That’s less strong entities bidding for rights fees and makes me begin to question if the UFC will be able to get $300 - $350 million in a domestic rights deal (which I’m guessing is around their actual goal, not the $450 million that they had floated in an investor presentation).

200 for one year? they got 1 billion for 7 years last time

^ Roughly $840 million over seven years (roughly $120 million/yr) on the current deal that’s almost up. From what I hear their actual goal is around $300 - $350 million per year aggregate for a new deal. Wel’ll see if the market will bear even close to that, though. They might feign disappointment if they get such a deal but I’d bet they’d be cutting cartwheels. No combat sports entity has ever landed anywhere near guaranteed TV money close to half of that. 

Dave Meltzer just mentioned in an article that he posted on mmafighting.com that his sources indicate that WME/Endeavor hopes to have a verbal agreement in place by the end of this month or early 2018 at the latest.

SlickRick01 -

Supposedly the additional boxing content that Endeavor (separate from UFC) is going to begin creating late next year could get bundled into an offering of television rights. My guess is that Endeavor won’t go it alone but will partner with some sort of existing boxing entity.

They are going to try and get boxing promoters together (pbc, dibella, etc.. and shop their tv package domestically and globally. this is more of a deal for wme’s business.

wme sold most of the global rights to mcgregor and mayweather.

i don’t think it’s going to be included together with the ufc package.

StrikingMMA -

I wonder if this news could effect the deal.

The Faber Report

Disney and Fox are closing in on deal, could be announced next week: Sources

Talks have progressed and a deal could be announced as early as next week, sources tell CNBC.

The enterprise value of the Fox assets in the deal is seen as more than $60 billion.

Fox would sell movie and television production assets and keep its news, sports and broadcast network.</p>

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/05/disney-and-fox-are-closing-in-on-deal-could-be-announced-next-week--sources.html

Yep... without those rsns ufc isn’t as valuable to fox from a tonnage perspective.

^ Think they’ll get a deal done within the next couple of months?

However without rsns it means fs2 is more important which is good news for ufc

Lights Out Lurker -
SlickRick01 -

Dave Meltzer just mentioned in an article that he posted on mmafighting.com that his sources indicate that WME/Endeavor hopes to have a verbal agreement in place by the end of this month or early 2018 at the latest.

Dave seems to always be in the "ballpark" of numbers but always comes in on the very low end. It's like he's the negative Nancy when it comes to ppv buys and these deals. It's like he wants them to look bad for some reason. Basically he's like the UG.....Dana says a ppv did 1 million buys, Dave will come back and say "sources say it's closer to 970k buys".

sounds like he's just interested in accuracy

SlickRick01 -

^ Think they’ll get a deal done within the next couple of months?

They hope to.

^ What’s your take on who they’ll sign with? My guess is two thirds of the content to Fox and the rest to Turner. Just a complete guess, though.

cuttooth -
Lights Out Lurker -
SlickRick01 -

Dave seems to always be in the "ballpark" of numbers but always comes in on the very low end. It's like he's the negative Nancy when it comes to ppv buys and these deals. It's like he wants them to look bad for some reason. Basically he's like the UG.....Dana says a ppv did 1 million buys, Dave will come back and say "sources say it's closer to 970k buys".

sounds like he's just interested in accuracy

He also only has access to traditional PPV venues and has no sure numbers on Internet PPV, which between UFC.tv and Youtube must account for more and more with each passing year.

I think he does take this into account when he gives a final estimate, but really there's no way to know what those numbers are unless someone gives company secret info, which would get that person fired or even sued if caught.

SlickRick01 - 

^ What’s your take on who they’ll sign with? My guess is two thirds of the content to Fox and the rest to Turner. Just a complete guess, though.

Disney and Fox are closing a deal soon. Disney many be a player also.

I posted info about it and a link to an article a little higher up on this page.

StrikingMMA -
SlickRick01 - 

Disney and Fox are closing a deal soon. Disney many be a player also.

I posted info about it and a link to an article a little higher up on this page.

lol I only care if the Fantastic Four are going to be under Marvel Studios or not.