Franca-Varner=Pride better thanUFC

The Varner - Franca fight illustrated perfectly the difference between Pride and the UFC. In the UFC, Varner was clearly winning on points until the very end. In Pride, Varner would have been yellow-carded at least twice, if not disqualified.

Thus, Why Pride is better than the UFC.

Sure..... he could've been DQ'd..... and then we wouldn't have seen Hermes pull out the sub after being behind after two rounds.....

....... wonderful and very original thesis.

"and then we wouldn't have seen Hermes pull out the sub after being behind after two rounds."

Thank God Hermes caught that gazelle. But, if Varner knew he would be disqualified if he kept running backwards, we just may have gotten to see him KTFO by Hermes.

Whatever. I don't know why so many people loved that fight. The only thing great about it to me was when Hermes bent his arm, aside from that I was disgusted with the rampant backpeddling.

aside from that I was disgusted with the rampant backpeddling.

I take it you never saw Cro Cop vs Hunt or Fedor......

You do know that Big John took away one point for stalling ?

It wasn't for losing the mouth piece like everyone believes

You do know that Big John took away one point for stalling ?

It wasn't for losing the mouth piece like everyone believes

Very true, noob......

"I take it you never saw Cro Cop vs Hunt or Fedor."

Or every Chuck title defense... OK that was trolling, and I agree, CroCop ran in the Hunt fight. I went and toked up during that crap.

I, for one, was impressed with BJM's point deduction. Some sanity in a sea of backpeddling.

Varner still didn't run as fast as Tito.....

ttt

I think Randy/Tito was a better example.. Randy was never close to finishing, but Tito went for a leglock, so would have won in Pride rules.

This is partly why Randy is not considered an elite fighter by Pride fanbois.

If varner's balls ever drop he will be a force in the ufc.

Have any of you idiots actually ever absorbed a decent strike in your lives. I was more impressed with Varner in the 3rd round than I was in the first two. After those two viscous knees landed directly on the chin it is amazing he was still conscious let alone fighting. 12 minutes into a fight after having the shit knocked out of him his instincts may not be as crisp as a bunch of idiots talking shit on a computer. Would you have preferred he done nothing and tapped out??