Francis Ngannou vs UFC - The real reason (confirmed)

Francis wants to become the boxing heavyweight champion and the UFC wants to block that.

1 Like

Not watching the video.

What’s the reason?

3 Likes

Francis wants to become the boxing heavyweight champion and the UFC wants to block that.

16 Likes

Shouldn’t of signed his contract then. They won’t let anyone do boxing again cause no one can generate the revenue Conor did. UFC made 8 figures from Conor boxing without having to do anything really.

3 Likes

But they aren’t employees, just subcontractors, right Egg? You don’t control them, they are free outside the cage(?).

This is why there are a shitload of lawsuits against these evil fucks. White and the rest sleep on mattresses made of cash while those who actually create the income are treated like shit and paid a pittance.

I hope Francis leaves the UFC and makes hundreds of millions boxing. I’d hate to see him leave MMA, but if his opportunities lie elsewhere, I wish him the best.

6 Likes

Apparently, Francis has an ego as big as he is.

2 Likes

The interim belt is more likely because Nunes cant sell 100k ppv to save her life and they needed another main event.

6 Likes

Shouldn’t have*

2 Likes

Hahahah sorry dad I’ll do better next time

4 Likes

“shouldn’tve”, IMO.

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

There is an event scheduled in Lewis’ hometown a month or so earlier than Sept and he was to face Ngannou but Nugannou is not ready so to make the event sell well they are going to have the interim belt. Then they hope to use that to springboard into better sales for a title vs interim title.

The UFC rankings and belt system are a joke.

1 Like

I think its equivalent to someone who is making a good living in computer programming but secretly wishes he can be a race car driver.

conor mcgregor sport GIF by UFC

I love it he broke the UFC !!

Everyone wants to box now

evil fucks? It’s called protecting your investment, please remember that Dana white with the fertitas backing basically made the sport what it is today, there’s nothing evil about holding people to their contracts, it’s simple, if you want to become HW champion of the world in boxing( which he’ll never become) then don’t sign a contract that would prohibit you from doing that. Please explain what is evil about the UFC, you have them to thank for this forum so maybe put a little more thought behind your opinions.

3 Likes

Who created the income? Lol you have no idea what you are talking about. :joy:

2 Likes

I might be in the minority here but I can understand a promoter not wanting the mma fighters to take boxing matches while they’re under contract and could be taking mma matches. Fairly simple at a base level to me.

Then you get money involved which it’s gonna be, and I understand it even more. When it’s a champion I understand it even more. Investment. Stock of the fighter as a money draw, decided by the paying public. Get tooled up in another hard hitting combat sport, then what?

My problem isn’t with that. My problem is the length of time they can hold a fighter to these rules. Sure, they agree and sign the contract. Many feel like they have to. It’s the highest profile show in town after all. Then they get some momentum, get some dollars, and feel like they have some stroke. So the regret kicks in. They still signed it. It’s their fault, but I just don’t think they should have had to.

The contracted time can be so long, within a small window of potential prime of the fighter. I feel like the real problem is just how long the employer can hold them to it. You signed on the line and you need to abide by it, yes. However, I feel like there should be a short or shorter just wait it out period.

Is deciding you don’t want to work here anymore any worse than being popped for a bad PED?

I remember thinking no way Anderson would finish his 8 fight contract, but he did so he could have freedom to go box if he wanted to.

Look at GSP, still can’t do shit because he is under UFC contract

Francis can’t box though. He doesn’t even know how to throw a straight jab.

Any pro heavyweight would wreck Francis in a round or two.

4 Likes