Francis Working on His Ground Game

It looks like he doen't have much ground experience. His instincts are slow.

https://services.brid.tv/previews/index/224432/8484/#cp

Sorry, I can no embed video

at his age he should be training very specific moves that fight with his fight strategy. whoever is teaching him to throw up armbars is doing him a severe disservice. a guy like that should not even be practicing traditional bjj movesets

Lucas Maximus -

at his age he should be training very specific moves that fight with his fight strategy. whoever is teaching him to throw up armbars is doing him a severe disservice. a guy like that should not even be practicing traditional bjj movesets

I agree. It should all be wrestling based at this point. Defend takedowns and stand back up if you get taken down

His hips aren’t that great either. When the coach, or whoever he is going against passes with that over under, Francis has no urgency to get to his side or try an escape. Then, the coach basically has a picnic waiting for Francis to hit the reversal. 

But, at least Francis is working on it. We hate on him for having no ground gMe, so I gotta appreciate the fact that he’s starting. Probably not a good idea to put that video out though.