Frank Gotch and Joe Stecher

first off i wanna say Hell yes there is a Catchwrestling Fourm!!!!!

Gotch and Stecher both men at there peaks said to be the best catchwrestlers around due to poor health Gotch passed away and we...or the fans then was robed of a great match in the makeing.

In you guys Opinion who do you think would have came out of top in this match... the Iowan or the Nebraskan? everytime when catch comes up i think of Gotch and stecher and always wonder.. if they had a "shoot" who would have won.

There is a Rumor floating around that these two did in fact had a shoot.. the only problem with the story there is two sides of the story.... First side is the guys who run the International Wrestling Institute came of a fourm i used to go to for old time wrestlers... said something along the lines of both men was in a hotel and stecher said " he would beat Gotch in no time" Gotch took up the bet and both men went at it ( reported both me was in street cloths) and Gotch Pined him.

2ed story.... Both men went at it and Stecher Hooked Gotch with his Scissors head lock and Gotch could not break the hold.

Anywho Tell me what you guys think.

I believe Stecher was born in '93, so he was really too young to have ever faced a prime Gotch. Gotch tended to bloat-up when not in hard training and it's my belief that his health was failing him well before he became seriously ill as well.

From what I've heard Stecher did win the infamous "hotel" match. Keep in mind that it was a retired and ailing Gotch though. There is also the fact that Stecher rated a prime Gotch as #1 all-time to consider (this according to Mike Chapman).

I usually rate Gotch #1, a prime Caddock #2 and Stecher #3. This is just my opinion.

"rom what I've heard Stecher did win the infamous "hotel" match. Keep in mind that it was a retired and ailing Gotch though. There is also the fact that Stecher rated a prime Gotch as #1 all-time to consider (this according to Mike Chapman)."

yeah the problem with the "famous hotel" is that anywho who was there to see it and conferm what really happend is long dead now so pretty much all we have is ones opinion on who won the match.

I still think stecher would have eaten him alive. I think that Gotch (much like hulk hogan) made alot of people alot of money. I also think that the farmer could have taken gotch...there are accounts that farmer used to tell his children that "there daddy would kill Frank Gotch." It would have certainly been in the Burns' camp best interest to portray their champion as unbeatable. To bad we'll never know. The match I would have really loved to have seen was not Gotch and Stecher, I would have loved to have seen Gotch vs. John Pesek.

Yeah it is all speculation, true. I would say Gotch, Jenkins, Ed Lewis are my
top 3. Although Frank Wolf, Fred Grubmeier, Pesek, Santel, Mondt, and
Ketonen get honorable mention.