Frank Mir boxing Antonio Tarver??

I do not see any way possible for this to not end very, very, very poorly for Frank.  

In a boxing match Tarver wins at any weight and against any version of Mir. Not gonna go well for old Frankie 

Dangerousdoug -

Dont know why grappler mma fighters with sub par striking decide to box professionally. reminds me of the tim hague tragedy. mir should focus on grappling competitions.

![](upload://2YfyqwQ0R5drZ88ZIFIbkVdSqNr.jpeg)

Frank already has so much CTE he forgot he's a Jiu Jitsu guy. 

Tarver by flying gogoplata

EASY MONEY...i just hope they don't call him racist for beating the black off Antonio's ass!

Dangerousdoug -

Dont know why grappler mma fighters with sub par striking decide to box professionally. reminds me of the tim hague tragedy. mir should focus on grappling competitions.

Boxing  pays good money,and will get a lot more exposure,grappling not so much 

Frank will clinch him and try to push him. I like Mir, but even at his peak, he’s not fast enough or good enough for Tarver.

Wiggy - Did Tarver gain a shitload of weight or something?

Because if not, how they even remotely in same weight

He walked around at 220 in his prime.

By the way OP, where have you been?

This has all the appeal of Sapp vs Akebono II that took place in 2015.... no, I'll be honest, this has even less appeal than Sapp vs Akebono II and that was the bottom of the barrel.

Oof. Frank is not gonna like how this ends up. 

I don't see Mir winning this.

Fabes - 

Frank will clinch him and try to push him. I like Mir, but even at his peak, he’s not fast enough or good enough for Tarver.

He’s definitely not good enough to fight Tarver, but Tarver is also 52 fucking years old. His last fight was 6 years ago and he looked fat and out of shape back then. I’m not saying Mir wins, or has any business fighting a guy like Tarver…but he’s not really Antonio Tarver anymore. He’s the 52 year old chubby version of Antonio Tarver.

I mean Frank’s hands drastically improved (one of the Nogueira fights his striking looked great. But this is an elite boxer. He’s waaaayy to far in the deep end. 

Likely Tarver will carry him a few rds. Then lay him out. Or Mir is just going to clinch and hope he tires Tarver. 

Mason Dixon KO1

This is like if Tiger Woods tried to become a Nascar driver. Just cause you can drive a golf club, don't mean you can drive a race car. Stay in your lane...

Rickmassmma -
Fabes - 

He’s definitely not good enough to fight Tarver, but Tarver is also 52 fucking years old. His last fight was 6 years ago and he looked fat and out of shape back then. I’m not saying Mir wins, or has any business fighting a guy like Tarver…but he’s not really Antonio Tarver anymore. He’s the 52 year old chubby version of Antonio Tarver.

Mir is going to get slaughtered

Tarver was a very good boxer with good power at 175lbs.  I know he pissed hot a few years back while fighting at heavyweight. I haven't seen him in years. Even a 50 year old out of shape Tarver is far more skilled than Mir. Mir will look so bad and get embarrassed.

1 Like

RIP. Hopefully Not just keeps holding and keeps himself safe

With all these non-sense fight happening, Anderson Silva should just get a fight with Roy Jones Jr now. I think that contest would be much closer now than 10 years ago. At least it makes a lot more sense since Silva was considered the best stand up fighter in MMA during his reign, and RRJ was one of the best ever to lace a Boxing gloves during his reign as well.