Frank Mir VS Josh Barnett....?

The MMA Analyst -  Great fight.

Hands go to Mir nut Barnett will get the fight to the ground quite easily. And I don't see him getting tapped from Mir. (or swept). Phone Post

I recall everyone saying the same thing about nog. 

Mir via Ownage =))

Don't want to see Barnett in the UFC.  

Mir.

It'll be a
Good fight though. Phone Post

Mir loses this fight.

Some of you underestimate Barnett. Trust me the guy is a beast and his hands and feet are better than Mir imo. Barnett has that dominance in takedowns aswell. Sergi k is no slouch and brett rosters was tossed around by Barnett. Imho Barnett is a challenge for anyone in the UFC. Guy has tons of experience.

Obviously either guy could win.

I like Mir VS cain too.

Barnett vs comier (sp) will be awesome aswell

Great matchup. Mir has better striking and better jj and is quicker footwork wise and grappleing wise. Barnett has much better cardio, better takedowns and maybe wrestling and is tough as nails. If Mir can finish quick its his but if it gets to round 3 Barnett by Mir heart attack.

Barnett is only another level from Mir. When Mir can't overpower Barnett he will fold like he did against Carwin. Barnett by whatever he wants.

From my point of view, Barnett would be the big favourite to win.

Proteus The Invincible - From my point of view, Barnett would be the big favourite to win.

I just don't get why? He doesn't have a quality win since an iffy decision over Nog in 2006. His career since has followed the typical 'anti-UFC forum favorite' routine. He has fought nothing, but continues to be ranked highly and viewed highly by people wanting so much to be different and special that they embrace the Lombard's, Alvarez's, Aoki's, Barnett's of the fight world despite their overall low-levels of competition. It's easy to show great skill against C/D level fighters, even if they were once 'names'. Who wouldn't look like they had great top control against someone like Rogers or Sergei?

Funny, people then act surprised, hurt, or both when their darling eventually loses to a solid, if unspectacular, fighter that they 'should' have been.

mose - 
Proteus The Invincible - From my point of view, Barnett would be the big favourite to win.

I just don't get why? He doesn't have a quality win since an iffy decision over Nog in 2006. His career since has followed the typical 'anti-UFC forum favorite' routine. He has fought nothing, but continues to be ranked highly and viewed highly by people wanting so much to be different and special that they embrace the Lombard's, Alvarez's, Aoki's, Barnett's of the fight world despite their overall low-levels of competition. It's easy to show great skill against C/D level fighters, even if they were once 'names'. Who wouldn't look like they had great top control against someone like Rogers or Sergei?

Funny, people then act surprised, hurt, or both when their darling eventually loses to a solid, if unspectacular, fighter that they 'should' have been.

With all due respect to Frank Mir, he just doesn't impress me a lot. He's a very good fighter, but when I take a look at his matches, I see that he was taken appart by Brock once (almost twice), wrecked by Carwin, he had a very lackluster fight against a far past his prime Cro Cop, and he was getting smashed on the feet by Nogueira. With all that in mind, I'd be quite suprised if he could get past Barnett.

I cant believe how many people are picking Mir, I think Barnett wins this one rather easily

Mir and Barnett are similar fighters with key differences, mainly cardio, chin, and wrestling. Barnett has the advantage in all those areas(wrestling was probably equal before Mir's accident), although Mir probably has a power advantage standing. 

I can see Mir putting Barnett out in the first(Barnett is very durable, but Mir is an amazing first round fighter), or Barnett TKO'ing Mir in the 2nd or 3rd.

GriffinQ - Mir and Barnett are similar fighters with key differences, mainly cardio, chin, and wrestling. Barnett has the advantage in all those areas(wrestling was probably equal before Mir's accident), although Mir probably has a power advantage standing. 

I can see Mir putting Barnett out in the first(Barnett is very durable, but Mir is an amazing first round fighter), or Barnett TKO'ing Mir in the 2nd or 3rd.

^

rather see the rubber barnett v nog...