Frank Mir vs Roy Nelson booked for UFC 130

Nelson will dominate Mur.

Been waiting for this one.

looked like mir had the sub advantage while roy just won on position...

AngryFoamy - 
Mr Sponge -  i think mir takes this by ud but wouldnt shock me if nelson upsets him

I'm a huge Mir fan, but if Nelson wins, I wouldn't call it an upset.

Good fight, I see Mir working some kicks

I hope this is true becuase I have wanted to see this fight for a long time.

Nelson via Unanimous Decision Phone Post

nelson by glass jaw

Jons Forsberg - Roy Nelson was in shape back then, wtf happened to him?

Cheeseburger Cheeseburger Cheeseburger Cheeseburger Cheeseburger Cheeseburger Cheeseburger Cheeseburger

Has Mir been injured? Whatever happened to 3 fights a year for UFC fighters? Phone Post

I believe theyre 1-1 in grapplic with Nelson having a win by points and MIr a win by sub? Not sure its been a while,

If Mir KOs Nelson does that make his stand up the best in the heavy weight division?! Think about it...

He just KOed Cro Cop who Overeem, Fedor, and Barry couldnt KO. He was the first to KO Big Nog. And if he KOs Nelson it would be sumthing Dos Santos couldn't do in 3 rounds. Just saying...

I like this fight. The backstory is there and both guys are very good at selling fights. Mir is the more technical striker but he also seems afraid to get hit while we know Nelson is willing to bang it out. Ground game will be interesting if it gets there. I favor Nelson because he has the cardio advantage.

dahood52402 - If Mir KOs Nelson does that make his stand up the best in the heavy weight division?! Think about it...

He just KOed Cro Cop who Overeem, Fedor, and Barry couldnt KO. He was the first to KO Big Nog. And if he KOs Nelson it would be sumthing Dos Santos couldn't do in 3 rounds. Just saying...

Just judging by the circumstance of Mir's fights with Nog and Cro Cop. I would say no just because he got Cro Cop after Gonzaga Cro Cop'd him and on short notice mind you. He got Big Nog two weeks after staph already did a number on him. But, if he is able to KO Nelson that would be a huge feather in his cap.

Any word on if they r going to b tuff coaches?

Looking forward to this one

HOWtasteMYbigPP - 
dahood52402 - If Mir KOs Nelson does that make his stand up the best in the heavy weight division?! Think about it...

Just judging by the circumstance of Mir's fights with Nog and Cro Cop. I would say no just because he got Cro Cop after Gonzaga Cro Cop'd him and on short notice mind you. He got Big Nog two weeks after staph already did a number on him. But, if he is able to KO Nelson that would be a huge feather in his cap.

agreed. i also left out of course that he KOed Kongo in like 8 seconds lol. it's really crazy to see how much Mir has improved his striking over the past few years. when he hit Brock with that knee when Brock was holding on to his other leg i about jumped out of my seat cause it look like he might have KOed him for a second lol

Good fight - Big country should win it.

hmm

Shane Carwin gets Roy when he wins! (I wish)