Frank Shamrock vs Jeremy Horn

9 Likes

Epics OT

Ahhh the memories, f*ck I’m old lol.

3 Likes

What always impressed me about Frank was his natural elasticity despite being heavily muscled; he was like a cat.

18:20 - I wonder which UFC was it when they banned grabbing onto the cage?

15 minute rounds were great!

4 Likes

horns comment: franks jiujitsu sucks

2 Likes

He wasnt wrong

2 Likes

Strange rules back in the day, but that was a fun watch. Horn looked to be far ahead of his time imo, and Frank had great composure

Should have defended the knee bar better if his JJ is so bad,

Shamrock debut and beats Bas, beats Enson Inoue at HW and is 3x champ at that point and overlooked Horn but subbed him anyway.

Frank trained everything and did a strength and conditioning program where Horn trained mainly jui justsu, if Horn added in the strength and conditioning stuff and more striking it may have been different

4 Likes

Later

Frank’s BJJ may have “sucked” comparatively, but at that time he was one of the most dangerous fighters on Earth.

I will akways lament the Frank fights that didnt happen.

Him vs Saku was THE fight.

7 Likes

Says the guy who gets submitted by Frank.

Frank’s aikido and karate sucked, too.

3 Likes

Horn was posting here the night before the fight. I was gutted when Frank hit the kneeeee Bah.

4 Likes

i thought they banned it after that fucking debacle when Gary Goodridge refused to let go of the cage.

Sims vs Mir lolol

thats back back back

2 Likes

I thought they banned it when Tank would grab it to hold the opponent down across the neck

This was just an “easy fight” that wasn’t even aired on the ppv. It was going to be on a taped show and they needed something to sell to us suckers. Would have been a huge disaster for the ufc.

1 Like

Frank’s jiu-jitsu didn’t suck; he didn’t train jiu-jitsu. He trained submission wrestling.

5 Likes

horn was throwing some calf kicks. great post.

2 Likes

Prime Frank was a stud. An all-time great.

3 Likes