Frank Zappa or Prince - Better Guitarist?

Who was the better guitarist?

To me, Zappa was much, much better, but I hope to hear from some of you guys who really know music. 

And notice I said “guys.”  That wasn’t an accident. I don’t respect females’ opinions on music. They have horrible taste and insight with regard to music. 

Prince, you faggot.

Zappa and it aint even close.

GenErick - Prince, you faggot.

You have no idea what you’re talking about, you fascist pickle smoocher. 

Go listen to “Willie the Pimp” and then ask yourself if Prince had either the patience or the chops to compose and play that. I could go on, but I’ve already proven my case beyond a reasonable doubt. 

“...prince isnt even in the same planet, no, galaxy as frank zappa...”

Exactly this. 100%. 

GenErick - Prince, you faggot.

I agree OP is a faggot.

But he is correct. Zappa was on a whole other level.

This thread has turned into a nightmare for disgraced forum member GenErick. 

MMA Playwright - 

Go listen to “Willie the Pimp” and then ask yourself if Prince had either the patience or the chops to compose and play that. I could go on, but I’ve already proven my case beyond a reasonable doubt. 

Sheesh, calm down dude!!

I was just using this thread to call you a faggot, I see you didn't address that fact!

Merry Christmas Fag.

Zappa was a better guitarist. But Prince shits all over him as a musician.

GenErick -
MMA Playwright - 

Sheesh, calm down dude!!

I was just using this thread to call you a faggot, I see you didn't address that fact!

Merry Christmas Fag.

Well, you did indeed make at least one valid point. Gotta give you that.  

I can’t even believe they’re being compared because Zappa was so much better

Prince comes in at 3:26 at fucking destroys everyone

VFR -

What does that mean?

boat -
MMA Playwright - 

“...prince isnt even in the same planet, no, galaxy as frank zappa...”

Exactly this. 100%. 

guys will say "yea, but eric clapton said he was the greatest ever". all these guys were friends, they always compliment and say dumb shit about each other. plus to dumb to piss off cash cows like prince if you want to work with them later. ask athletes who are the best in the league they will name one of their team mates. "would you rather have lebron james or joe dickwhistle?" of course he picks joe dickwhistle his temamate.
Urban legend about Clapton.

Hard to tell how good Price was on the guitar. He spent most of his career playing pop songs. He was cleary wicked talented, but I'm going to go with Zappa based on a greater library of him shredding a guitar.

"What does that mean?"

It means Prince is so great that he makes everyone else in that video look like amateurs.

VFR -

"What does that mean?"

It means Prince is so great that he makes everyone else in that video look like amateurs.

No one looked like an amateur. 

VFR - 

Competent but mediocre solo combined with excellent visual stage presence.

Listen to it without watching it and it's what you might hear from a regular bar band guitarist playing a dive bar on a Friday or Saturday night.

You guys are confusing the visual aspect and his stage presence with his actual guitar playing ability.

He's a decent guitarist but by no means does he destroy anyone.

He was an incredible songwriter, producer, and musician in general, but strictly as a guitarist, he's not as amazing as some people are led to believe by WATCHING this video.

Lol y'all cray cray. Open your ears.