Frankie Edgar -200

Does this seem like a good bet? I do not know much about Gray Maynard but given the fact that Edgar is undefeated in the UFC and beat Spencer Fisher making it look easy, while Maynard hasnt faced any top competition, this line seems low.

Is Edgar a good bet at -200?

I don't think so. I think Edgar's great, but Maynard might actually have better wrestling credentials (not positive on that), and in a heavier division (Frank wrestled at 141), and he looked much bigger than Edgar at the weigh-ins.

I'm still picking Edgar, but with the odds I don't think he's a good bet at all.

Agree with Orcus. Tough tough fight for Edgar. Don't bet this one. If
Frank wins, I will be super impressed.

I would stay away from this one.

Gray has substantially better wrestling credentials, he was an all american. He has also demonstrated KO power which Edgar has not, trains with Couture (not positive), and on top of all that is much bigger than Edgar.

"Gray has substantially better wrestling credentials, he was an all
american. He has also demonstrated KO power which Edgar has not,
trains with Couture (not positive), and on top of all that is much bigger
than Edgar."

I think their wrestling is about equal. Gray has power but Frankie is
technically better from what I have seen. The size is significant here
because their wrestling skills are so close and Edgar has been taking
down bigger non-wrestlers up to now. (Tyson's wrestling isn't on that
level, imo.)

I think it's a good bet. I'm shocked they're throwing Maynard in with such a dominant LW with so little experience. Edgar will dominate the standup and I don't see Maynard taking him down and keeping him down. Maynard may have better wrestling "credentials" but that doesn't mean he's a better MMA takedown artist.

Frankie is a better wrestler...But as far as the rest of his game not sure.

TTT

"Frankie is a better wrestler...But as far as the rest of his game not sure. "

In college Frankie competed at 141 and Gray at 157.

Frankie was never an All American in college but he was a 4x Qualifier. He was a HS All American though

Gray was an 3x All American at Michigan State and a 4x Qualifier

**Dont be so sure the wrestling edge goes to Frankie, Gray definately brings in the better credentials at a heavier weight as well!! Should be a great fight!!

This is not a good fight to bet on.

edgar by murder. bet the farm.

Thanks for backing up the wrestling thing Bryan. I think Gray could become a dominate LW. He is an elite wrestler with KO power. There are a lot of LWs who are very good wrestlers with very good striking, but Gray has the pedigree and potential to surpass most of them.

Gray might have the better wrestling cred but I think Edgar is probably the more talented and well rounded fighter at this point.

Frank could sprawl and brawl.  He's got better hands I would think.

TTT WAR EDGAR

I was surprised the number on Edgar wasn't higher.

I know they have their relative wrestling credentials, but what is important to think about is HOW both incorporate their wrestling into MMA. Edgar's is damn near seamless as he goes from boxing to takedowns to positional control to passing (the Fisher fight was very impressive).

Plus he could hang with Tyson Griffin on the ground.

I think Edgar is a lock to win this one.

i would pick maynard but he has gassed in the past and now he is fighting ata higher altitude

frankie UD or late TKO

"edgar by murder. bet the farm."

Ditto

Frankie Edgar has deeper MMA experience and will be well prepared for anything Gray brings to the table...Tyson Griffin, Spencer Fischer, Deividas Taurosevicius and Jim Miller are all beasts....Gray has not faced that fury, and Frankie's pace will be crazy.....Frankie Edgar via punches and elbows rd 3 TKO...

"I was surprised the number on Edgar wasn't higher."

How could it be higher? We have yet to see how he responds when he can't decide where the fight takes place. Im not saying that he will fail the test but that is a big question mark.