Frankie Edgar interview (video)

Chatted with Frankie for a few minutes. Cool guy and I wish him the best of luck Saturday night against Hermes Franca. Should be a great fight.

-Joanne

I like how you're very focused on your interviews, but you need to make sure you don't stutter with your sentence structure or fill in gaps with "ya know" or "um."

This isn't meant to be negative, just some criticism on your interviewing style because I figure you're going to pursue this as a career.

I do like how you're very personable during your interviews though, it is pretty cool.

Thanks THP. It's definitely a learning process and I'm seeing improvements. I think my last interview of the trip with Kenny Florian was really good and the smoothest. I should have that up in another week.

NP. You're definitely good at what you do, you just need to keep doing it. Anything in the film industry requires trial and error with self evaluation.

I'm looking forward to the next interview with Florian!

ttt

ttt

ttt

You did a great job! And your cute ;)

Where's the segment where Frank Mir shows up on ESPN??

GC111 - Where's the segment where Frank Mir shows up on ESPN??

Hey there. I answered your question on the UFC 86 recap video thread. Check it out.

spongyfeet - hey Joanne, were you the same girl that got choked out by Marc Laimon in that video a while back? cuz that was wicked! and yeah, great interview! he's one of my favorite fighters, so it was good to see this.

Yes sir that was me. Not something I'll do again because I don't want to be "that girl" but it was a great experience that I don't regret whatsoever.

Jeez, are all South African women as hot as you??

I'm impressed, you knew I was South African! Most people think Australian.

When was this interview done? I hope it wasn't a few days ago or something because his upcoming fight with hermes has been common knowledge for a while now.

Good interview. You need a microphone for that video camera i think, it would keep out the background noise and put the focus on the interviewer and interviewee - plus it's something to hold onto to prevent fidgeting.

mmagirls + mmarated.com collaboration would be great to see - with their production value, and your onscreen presence, that would be pretty sweet (although, truth be told, i think the thing that separates the two is a microphone).

I saw the movie Blood Diamond... thats how!!

Actually.. Australians have a weird "twang". Two of my professors are South African and they talk similarly to you!

This was shot before UFC 86. At the time all I knew was that Irvin and Silva was fighting.

I have to disagree about the microphone in interviews in a quiet setting. The thing that sucks with the Frankie one is that right after we started some janitor came out of nowhere and started making noise. Anyway, mics create the "your turn, my turn" atmosphere and fighters are not as open as when we are just relaxed having a conversation.

I worked with Arianny and MMA Rated and did a little interview with her at UFC 86. Check it.

najascutellatus - I saw the movie Blood Diamond... thats how!!
Actually.. Australians have a weird "twang". Two of my professors are South African and they talk similarly to you!

Awesome! My accent is a little muddled because I've been here ten years, but it's still there.

ttt

wooohooo! Arianny!! Pretty cool stuff. Hopefully people see that and don't think this is just a Frankie thread - Arianny usually manages to get a lot of viewers. A new Arianny thread would probably get you more hits..

I'm surprised you got her to talk so much, sometimes she seems so shy when she's interviewing people, must be what you said about being mic-less plus just the general relaxed atmosphere you manage to create. Shyness aside, the interview she and ariel did with rampage before his fight was brilliant. Just hilarious stuff, obviously thanks to rampage!

Good vid!