Frankie Edgar vs Urijah Faber @ ufc Philippines

SensoriaUtopia - Weird how people think this is an easy fight for Frankie, if it's at 145, I favor Frankie but it will be close, if it's at 135, complete 50/50 tossup. Frankie won't be the quicker guy, he won't outwrestle Uriah either at that weight. If Uriah comes in as a solid dog and I am putting money on him.

How different would their weight actually be on fight night between the two classes?

From my arse guesses:

Frankie -

135: would come in at 156

145: would come in at 160

Urijah -

135: would come in at 154

145: would come in at 158

Does this seem about right?  Or am I way off in my thinking here?

Yea I just don't see how Faber wins. Frankie is the better striker and better wrestler. Faber's only chance is to create scrambles and try to jump on a guillotine.

Edgar gonna maul Faber. Phone Post 3.0

Tomato Can - Yea I just don't see how Faber wins. Frankie is the better striker and better wrestler. Faber's only chance is to create scrambles and try to jump on a guillotine.

My exact thoughts, but it will be hard to out scramble Frankie.

Urijah is a great fighter. But Frankie is a nightmare matchup for him imo.

stevekt - 
banging - I'm not so hot on this fight - How does frankie fight Faber after smashing Cub? From a possible title shot to faber? eh. I'm still gonna watch though.
Frankie is staying busy while Connor vs Jose is settled. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, Aldo vs Conor isn't until July. There's a good chance of an immediate rematch there also. Edgar needs fights, and this is a good one for him.

wiggum - 
Tomato Can - Yea I just don't see how Faber wins. Frankie is the better striker and better wrestler. Faber's only chance is to create scrambles and try to jump on a guillotine.

My exact thoughts, but it will be hard to out scramble Frankie.

Urijah is a great fighter. But Frankie is a nightmare matchup for him imo.

Yup. And Faber hasn't looked amazing in his last couple fights either.

Oh hell yeah!!

Wanted this fight for a long time.

Faber all the way. Phone Post 3.0

For those asking about the weight class, I get a few rounds a week in with George Lockhart, and he told me that Frankie called him asking for help getting to 135. I can't confirm that this is the wgt they are fighting at, but I can confirm frankie did inquire about a wgt cut to 135 about a month ago. Phone Post 3.0

The fight will be at 145 (featherweight) according to Bloodyelbow.com

Ramon Maroni - 135 or 145?
45s Phone Post 3.0

How could anyone not want to see this?!? Phone Post 3.0

Great great matchup. Faber is one of my favorite fighters but it's a tough one for him. Especially at 145. Looking forward to it.

2 of the more popular American fighters ever to fight under 155 and they put it in the fucking Phillipines?

Why?

This is a great fight. And it will be interesting to see how this goes down. Frankie is more methodical and workman-like, I favor him to win. Phone Post 3.0

I do want to see it, and if I have to pay $10 for a 1-month Fight Pass subscription to watch it, I will do so.

That said, I'm just not sure how competitive it will be. Faber may still be elite at 135, but up at 145 I think the likes of Swanson, McGregor, and Lamas all beat him, let alone Edgar who is truly elite.

Fight should be on Aldo/McGregor undercard and still be 5 rounds

MMA is now more boxing model then boxing haahaha

Tough fight for Faber. Frankie is a (mini) monster. Phone Post 3.0

This is historic. So many dream match-ups are discussed,
But never come to fruition. The history of MMA will be better having had this fight go down.

Fuckin awesome fight, but I think this will be fabers first non title loss. His boxing is too basic for Frankie's. Also Frankie's footwork and scrambles are ahead of faber at this point Phone Post 3.0

I wouldn't mind seeing a catchweight / 140 fight.  I agree with those sayng if it's at FW then it's a much tougher fight for Uriah.

I also heard about a month ago that Frankie was considering 135, but that would be one hell of an opponent to try it out on.