Frankie is a grappler than Ortega

Let’s just settle down on the hype and have an objective look at their grappling skills shall we.

stand up grappling- don’t think I’ve seen Ortega hit a takedown in the ufc, while we all know how good Frankie’s wrestling is. So no contest- Frankie’s better here.

Top position- hardly seen Ortega work from top, Frankie is a nightmare on top, as cub Swanson can tell you. Frankie is the clear winner here.

Guard/ bottom position- Ortega gets the nod here. However, for as much as rogan jerks off about Ortega’s guard, it’s not actually that dangerous. It’s the classic Gracie guard, which is actually designed as a defensive tool. No leglocks, no fancy inverted stuff, just basic overhooks and head control.

the front headlock is where Ortega is very very good, but Frankie’s bjj coach is Ricardo almeida- who has a tremendous guillotine, and he trains at Renzos regularly, where plenty guys have great attacks from there, so he should be fine.

TLDR - Frankie’s better, he wins

If Matt Hughes can sleep Ricardo Almeida with a front headlock I am inclined to believe Ortega can sub Edgar. Who knows though maybe Frankie is a grappler than Ortega.

I'm not sure I'd use the word 'better', there's lots of dimensions to it.  I think it'll be competitive, I'm hoping to see some great scrambles.

No matter how this match turns out, I'd like to see Frankie and Khabib have a go at it.  While Frankie's obviously a bit smaller, I think his grappling is competitive with Khabib's, with Frankie's hands being the difference on the feet.  I think he could be Khabib's kryptonite.

I used to despise Frankie for those wins over BJ, but I've become a big fan over the years.  It's hard not to appreciate how he buzzsawed through Yair.

Sometimes a guard doesn’t have to be fancy or inverted to be dangerous.

jgiveshead - 

I'm not sure I'd use the word 'better', there's lots of dimensions to it.  I think it'll be competitive, I'm hoping to see some great scrambles.

No matter how this match turns out, I'd like to see Frankie and Khabib have a go at it.  While Frankie's obviously a bit smaller, I think his grappling is competitive with Khabib's, with Frankie's hands being the difference on the feet.  I think he could be Khabib's kryptonite.

I used to despise Frankie for those wins over BJ, but I've become a big fan over the years.  It's hard not to appreciate how he buzzsawed through Yair.

He didn’t use the word “better,” that’s the point.

stabmasterarson - If Matt Hughes can sleep Ricardo Almeida with a front headlock I am inclined to believe Ortega can sub Edgar. Who knows though maybe Frankie is a grappler than Ortega.
Dropped Ricardo with a punch before the sub

Frankie puts fear into the hearts of emergent top prospect fanbases.

Frank’s losses in the last decade come against two fighters Benson Henderson and Jose Aldo, two of the most dominant UFC Champions of all time.

Benson Henderson is near the bottom of the list when it comes to most dominant champions of all time lol...

Mike OxBIG - 

Benson Henderson is near the bottom of the list when it comes to most dominant champions of all time lol...

Looking at divisional dominance he definitely is.

These are 2 outstanding fighters and this is one of the few fights in which I’ve genuinely been interested in quite some time.

Frankie’s an amazingly talented guy but he’s a dad and a family man now and he’s made his success in the world of MMA. That said he never fails to bring it and will do so until he retires. I mean, he’s from Jersey…“Come at me bro”!

Ortega is still trying to prove himself and even though he’s been around awhile as well and is unbeaten, has never gotten the respect that he deserves. He may be the hungrier man in the octagon. He’s also 10 years younger than Frankie

Anyone that thinks this is a walkover for either fighter is wrong. In the end I think Frankie’s superior wrestling skills could be the deciding factor and he may come away with the W but I wouldn’t be shocked if Brian decisions out a standing victory either

Siciliano di Brooklyn -
jgiveshead - 

quoting the OP: "TLDR - Frankie’s better, he wins"

I see what you're talking about, the title... I guess I'm just so accustomed to shit grammar and non-editing on the internet (me being the worst offender), I just read what I think the other person is trying to say as if it were actually there. 

jgiveshead -
Siciliano di Brooklyn -
jgiveshead - 

quoting the OP: "TLDR - Frankie’s better, he wins"

I see what you're talking about, the title... I guess I'm just so accustomed to shit grammar and non-editing on the internet (me being the worst offender), I just read what I think the other person is trying to say as if it were actually there. 

Come on bro. You're than that.

Lets settle down and take an objective look.... OP then proceeds to give opinion on what OP has seen or not seen..

GladiatorGannon - Sometimes a guard doesn't have to be fancy or inverted to be dangerous.

Exactly. Long limbs combined with flexibility and leg dexterity can make for a very scary guard, even if you stick to basic positions.

pbody -
GladiatorGannon - Sometimes a guard doesn't have to be fancy or inverted to be dangerous.

Exactly. Long limbs combined with flexibility and leg dexterity can make for a very scary guard, even if you stick to basic positions.

This.

I agree. Frankie is most definitely a grappler

Ortega second round guillotine or anaconda choke!

i expect frani to dance around the outside for 3 rounds, landing just enough to win a decision

Mike OxBIG - 

I think he tied the record for defenses at LW?